Recommended Part 107 Training Course

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking a few online and instructor led courses for a Part 107 license. The prices range quite a bit, from nearly $500 to $150. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Reactions: ron-ep
I honestly am taking the remote pilot 101 with jason right now. Was studying last night. If you use Ken Herons promo code youll knock 50 dollars off the 150 dollar price. So i got my course for 104 dollars. I think it was worth it for the piece of peace it offers. Im only a few chapters in but. Everything he has taught so far ive already kinda known but its about to get into the tougher stuff. But i think Jason at remote pilot 101 makes sure you know whats on the test. He will either tell you directly its gonna be on the test or says they might ask a trick question. Hes very good at making sure you understand whats important. Going to take the exam either Monday or Tuesday! Good luck im sure there are a few good ones out there. But I think remote pilot 101 is a good choice.

I used the GOld Seal Ground School. I think I paid $99 or thereabouts. I liked the short videos which covered most of the info. on the test questions (though not necessarily before the quizzes would ask about some of the concepts. I liked being able to take the quizzes lots of times, and the practice test. I would have preferred to be able to have some interaction with their instructors at a couple of points but they did not respond to questions (except for tech support).

Remote pilot 101 claims to have a ask an instructor option or a kind of chat. But i believe its via email. And they admit it may take a day or 2 to get back with you. But i hope they would. RP101 also has short videos which you can click done after you watch. The videos are categorized. Andnthey have a quiz after each section. Its as much as I expected. I think there are probably a few good options.

Last edited:
I took RemotePilot101 about three years ago. It was great. I passed both the initial 107 and the recurrent by 90+. The fee is good for life. There are always updates with new and interesting information. I highly recommend.

Reactions: Phoenix One
No problem! I mean im going through the experience right now. Im excited to share my experience with someone else and offer any help. Its what this forums about. I wish you the best of luck! And seriously dont over think it.. its not as hard as its built up to be. You'll know alot of it and absorb what you dont! Good luck let us know how your progress is going and ill do the same with me..hoping to go take the test Tuesday or weds gonna get a few more days of studying.

Last edited:
Hi, I have been looking a few online and instructor led courses for a Part 107 license. The prices range quite a bit, from nearly $500 to $150. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Preparing for the 107 exam is just like preparing for any other exam. If you have the discipline to study on your own then you can find all the material you need online. This is the route I chose, and I passed on my first attempt. The classes are good for structure and accountability.

Reactions: Phoenix One
I honestly am taking the remote pilot 101 with jason right now. Was studying last night. If you use Ken Herons promo code youll knock 50 dollars off the 150 dollar price. So i got my course for 104 dollars. I think it was worth it for the piece of peace it offers. Im only a few chapters in but. Everything he has taught so far ive already kinda known but its about to get into the tougher stuff. But i think Jason at remote pilot 101 makes sure you know whats on the test. He will either tell you directly its gonna be on the test or says they might ask a trick question. Hes very good at making sure you understand whats ometv important. Going to take the exam either Monday e chat or Tuesday! Good luck im sure there are a few good ones out there. But I think remote pilot 101 is a good choice.
Thanks for the helpful suggestion.

Last edited:
I honestly am taking the remote pilot 101 with jason right now. Was studying last night. If you use Ken Herons promo code youll knock 50 dollars off the 150 dollar price. So i got my course for 104 dollars. I think it was worth it for the piece of peace it offers. Im only a few chapters in but. Everything he has taught so far ive already kinda known but its about to get into the tougher stuff. But i think Jason at remote pilot 101 makes sure you know whats on the test. He will either tell you directly its gonna be on the test or says they might ask a trick question. Hes very good at making sure you understand whats important. Going to take the exam either Monday or Tuesday! Good luck im sure there are a few good ones out there. But I think remote pilot 101 is a good choice.
I used them as well. Excellent videos and coursework. Ended up passing with 97%. Their recurrent videos were great too.

Quite honestly, I did not take a prep course. I used the app Prepware Remote Pilot. I also used used the following videos:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did score 100%. I would also advise anyone taking it today to study up on on the new rules regarding flying over people and flying at night. Questions on these two topics were included in the Recurrent test I just took.

In case anyone else is looking at this thread for reference, I can highly recommend John Peltier's Part 107 course at Peltier Photo Courses. It's only $129, and that gives you lifelong access to the training videos and materials, so when renewing your license in a couple of years, you can go back and review. The course is extremely well organized and clear, and John is available for questions via live chat and/or by email -- he is very helpful and responsive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers