Recommended learning path for the P3

Lots of different view points here. I have flown both real aircraft and quite a few RC fixed wings and a couple helicopters. Practice with a cheap quad or even an airplane will help in my opinion. Its not the difficulty of flying, taking off or landing, so much as becoming familiar with the orientation so that making it go where you want it to becomes second nature. Real aircraft are kinda a no brainer because you're sitting in the plane. If you want to go left, you push/turn the stick/yoke left. With an RC aircraft the direction you push the stick will depend on aircraft's orientation. Yes the craft will always go to "it's" left when you push the sick left, but it's left may be your right if it's heading toward you (you gotta always know its orientation. i.e. flying away from you or towards you... flying from your left to right, or right to left). If you get in a fix and are about to hit something, there isn't time to think about it, so your reaction time has to be quick and the right direction. I've seen many new RC aircraft flyers go left when they wanted to go right etc and put their plane in the ground. The FPV will help, but practice so that control becomes second nature will help more!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel