Recommendation for uploading and editing Videos

Reaction score
I'm a beginner and I'm having difficulty in uploading my Phantom 4 Pro + Videos. I have a HP I7 laptop. Really fast. When I upload the videos, they look like still pictures. Uploading the pictures are not a problem. Im using a sandisk 64 Gb memory card. I can upload the videos on skypixel; however that takes for ever.
The setting on my video's are as follows:
3820×2160 (60fps)
White Balance: Auto
Encoding Format: H.264
So far I have spent 7 hrs. trying to find a resolution for this issue.
Do I have to buy software to compress, download a MP4 video player, edit, add background music, etc.
My videos are only 2 minutes long. Currently I have a Windows Media Player on my HP I7 Pc. It sucks.
I would appreciate any suggestions on software (free (Free from viruses or ads), purchased. i.e. compression, MP4 video recorder, editing software etc.
I appreciate all of your help.
Thanks

I purchases a copy of Corel Video Studio X10 outright because I don't want to pay monthly subscription fees. I own the software and can use it whenever I chose. It was $100 and I can do virtually anything with it. (Still learning how to use it)
I tried various freebies, Davinci and a free trial of Lightroom, but kept running into walls. Seemed like everything I wanted to do wasn't offered in the free trial versions.

Thank for the suggestion. Corel Video Studio X10, will this work on my HP I7 PC.
Does the software include a download for a Mp4 video player, compression of the video, editing and background music capability.
Last question, do you have to be a genius to understand the terminology of software. Lol
Thanks again for your help.

It has all of that and more. It also came with 21 days free membership to what they call studio backlot where there are tons of tutorials. Of course, they try to get you to join it for a monthly fee, but I found out everything I needed within the first week. There is also help topics contained in the program, so I will not join the backlot thing.
I tried editing in the DJI app......... tried anyway......
Check out this video I made with it (Corel):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It has all of that and more. It also came with 21 days free membership to what they call studio backlot where there are tons of tutorials. Of course, they try to get you to join it for a monthly fee, but I found out everything I needed within the first week. There is also help topics contained in the program, so I will not join the backlot thing.
I tried editing in the DJI app......... tried anyway......
Check out this video I made with it (Corel):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice job. Excellent Photograph. Are you a pro, if not, you should be one. You drove home the message of the true devastation from that hurricane. Nice job. Thanks again.

What exactly are you referring to when you say "upload" or "download"?
Transferring the high quality videos stored on the SD card via lightbridge is indeed very slow. Instead, take the card out and transfer with a card reader to your PC.

Thank you!
The bulk of my experience is in still photography, so once I was bitten by the drone bug, it sunk in. Deep and fast! A whole new perspective.
Videography is new to me so still feeling my way around.
That hurricane was pretty intense, but surprisingly selective as to what it damaged. A relative of mine lives about 3 miles from where I filmed that and there was no damage at all to their house, which is amazing since they are across the street from a tidally influenced canal which rose to the top of the seawall, then stopped. Another 6 inches would have flooded their house.

Transferring the high quality videos stored on the SD card via lightbridge is indeed very slow. Instead, take the card out and transfer with a card reader to your PC.
Thanks for replying to my request. I'm currently uploading my video's to skypixel.com The site uploads/compresses my videos. It takes 45 min for a 2 minute video. The website is maintained by DJI. You probably new that.

Hello Dan,
Currently I'm using the DJI website called Skypixel to uploads/compresses my videos from my SD card. Can you please provide me to a link for a excellent card reader.

I'm in my 60's and willing to learn . I feel like a real rookie.

Currently on my PC (HP I7) I have a Windows media player. Every time I download my videos on my PC, I receive a error.

What software is required to read the SD video card. I would like the capability to edit, add background music, titles, credits, etc. to my videos.

Can you provide me a link. Can I find the software on Amazon. I'm hesitant in uploading free software due to unknown viruses / or unknown links that are attached to the software

Again I appreciate your help and I'm sorry to be so ignorant on the subject matter,

Best regards,

Dave

Thank you!
The bulk of my experience is in still photography, so once I was bitten by the drone bug, it sunk in. Deep and fast! A whole new perspective.
Videography is new to me so still feeling my way around.
That hurricane was pretty intense, but surprisingly selective as to what it damaged. A relative of mine lives about 3 miles from where I filmed that and there was no damage at all to their house, which is amazing since they are across the street from a tidally influenced canal which rose to the top of the seawall, then stopped. Another 6 inches would have flooded their house.

I not trying to be nosy, but was the location where the hurricane hit near Wilmington North Carolina. I performed a Regulatory Compliance audit for a Pharmaceutical Co. in Wilmington N.C. about 7 yrs. ago . Beautiful country.
I have one question for you. You suggested the following website for the vs player. VS Player (FULL VERSION) 1.0 Download - VS Player.exe

I'm always hesitant on clicking on free software due to viruses and add-on links, etc.
There is several options, once you are in the VS download.
Can you please indicate the specific verbage in the software that I download, once I'm in the link. I'm a little parnoid regarding downloading a virus.

Thanks again
Dave

I use the VS player and downloaded it from that site. On the level.
The footage was shot at Flagler Beach, Florida, which is just south of Daytona.

Oh, I almost forgot. You can download VS player for free. Makes media player look like a joke. (Which it is!)
VS Player (FULL VERSION) 1.0 Download - VS Player.exe
Sorry to be a pest. Can you please provide a step by step when downloading the VS Player. I concerned about getting a virus or add on crap I don't need. When I go to vsplayer.exe and click download, it takes me to about 9 different options. VS player is now in Version 7.2, I really appreciate you help in this matter.

I might have to buy the Adobe Premiere Element 15 or Cyberlink PowerDirector. Both of these software are pretty technical. All I want is a simple editing tool for editing my DJI Phantom 4 pro + video. A hobby and not for commercial use.

Again thanks for your assistance.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers