Recommend a good quality sun hood

Reaction score
So spring is here and the thoughts of every red blooded male turn to... flying their uavs. But with the change of season comes more and brighter sunshine. And as our birds are controlled from objects which reflect this sunshine, sun blocking hoods are required to keep our expensive toys from being accidentally flown into obstacles. But which hood is best? I use a Samsung 10.1" tablet as it is so easy to see everything which is going on up above. Unfortunately it is also pretty much useless in direct sunlight. So can anyone suggest a good, hard wearing hood which will fit this size of display?

You can find a list of commonly used sun shades/hoods here.

I've gone through many different sun shades/hoods, from the cheapest to the most expensive. All said and done 8 different ones. I finally found the best one for my nvidia shield tablet was at (aerialdroneaccessories.com) They're not cheap, But you get what you pay for. P.S. I bought the ULTRASHADE. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I've gone through many different sun shades/hoods, from the cheapest to the most expensive. All said and done 8 different ones. I finally found the best one for my nvidia shield tablet was at (aerialdroneaccessories.com) They're not cheap, But you get what you pay for. P.S. I bought the ULTRASHADE. :)
Me too Mick, I've tried 5 different types; I'd love to get Master Series Sunshade for my iPad Air, but - and this is not their fault at all - the shipping cost to the UK @ >20% of the product cost is just too high.

So spring is here and the thoughts of every red blooded male turn to... flying their uavs. But with the change of season comes more and brighter sunshine. And as our birds are controlled from objects which reflect this sunshine, sun blocking hoods are required to keep our expensive toys from being accidentally flown into obstacles. But which hood is best? I use a Samsung 10.1" tablet as it is so easy to see everything which is going on up above. Unfortunately it is also pretty much useless in direct sunlight. So can anyone suggest a good, hard wearing hood which will fit this size of display?
Most help a bit, but just a bit. Nothing betting than a good shade tree. But here a good one, but $$.
Products in Aviator Hood - www.hoodmanusa.com
One more: hoodivision

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20