Received my "New" Phantom 2 Vision right from Dji and....

Reaction score
I have a question - I received my "new" Phantom 2 Vision from you. As I unboxed the first thing I noticed was that it already had the Red Stickers on it and no other stickers in the box. The new Phantoms show Red, Blue and Pink stickers. My first thought is "I was sent a Refurb".

Why did it come with the stickers already applied? Everything I see in Videos is it comes with the stickers and you apply them yourself as my Phantom 1 did.

I hope I didn't spend $1200.00 for a Refurbed Phantom.

Anyone elses come this way?

Re: Received my "New" Phantom 2 Vision right from Dji and I

That is suspect.
I actually bought a referb off Amazon for $100 less than new. It had blue stickers already attached and the red and pink came with it.
Are there any scuffs on the landing pads or anything like that?
How many cycles does the battery read when you plug the phantom into your computer with the assistant software?

Flyboy said:
I have a question - I received my "new" Phantom 2 Vision from you. As I unboxed the first thing I noticed was that it already had the Red Stickers on it and no other stickers in the box. The new Phantoms show Red, Blue and Pink stickers. My first thought is "I was sent a Refurb".

Why did it come with the stickers already applied? Everything I see in Videos is it comes with the stickers and you apply them yourself as my Phantom 1 did.

I hope I didn't spend $1200.00 for a Refurbed Phantom.

Anyone elses come this way?

yep, I bought new from a shop here in the UK. the UK distributor had one left and couriered it to the shop where I collected it. The red stickers were already applied. There were no scratches and I've have 7 flights now. It's a blast. If you think it's a suspect unit, send it back. Me? i'm happy with what I've got. if there's a problem i'll take it back to the shop where I bought it from.

:D

hope this helps

Bmews

I took delivery of my new P2V on Saturday and it had the red decals already on it but the pink and blue were included in the box. From what I've seen online, it looks like the phantoms are now shipped with stickers applied. BTW mine appears to have the updated shell with the 6 hole vents, I think the previous version had 4 hole vents.

I got a brand new one, box still sealed from a DJI authorized dealer. Had the red stickers applied already. Firmware needed updating and I have no question this is a brand new, never used unit. I had to format the micro SD card as well.

Thanks everyone. I feel better now. Just thought it was odd.

This has been talked about before. DJI is now putting the red stickers on the units before packaging. Your unit is not refurb, they are all like that now.

As long as they're not "pre-grass staining" the props....then you're good.

I purchased a new Phantom 2 Vision from Amazon and it came with the red stickers on it. Everything else looked like new packaging.

I emailed DJI and inquired if the stickers were being applied from the factory.

DJI states they do not apply any stickers to new units before shipping. I was instructed to return the unit to Amazon. I returned the unit and purchased another. The second came without the stickers applied.

dunno who you spoke to at DJI, but it has been pretty much confirmed that the red stickers are applied from factory on all new phantoms.

Your second unit may have been old stock lying around at amazon's warehouse.

All new builds in the last few weeks or so have had the stickers already on them.

I purchased mine from an authorized dealer out of Calgary and the red stickers were on it. The other stickers were in the box. The box was sealed as were all the small bits in various envelopes. I'm sure it was brand new.

A brand new p2v should not have any stickers applied to it anywhere. You should also have various awts of stickers included with it in different colors. I would call and complain. Get an exchange or refund discount for being sent a used p2v

I got mine 10 days ago, from Belgium it has red stripes applied as well. everything looks as brand new without any sign of use and battery was new. As others mentioned it has wider vent grill (6) on the upper shell, and mine has also external USB port in RC unit. So most probably DJI in revised version is applying stripes.

I just got my new replacement P2V today about 2 hours ago..... no stickers applied and I know it is from a different build date mold than my first one that I received 3/18/14 (that was returned for a defective motor and ESC on the right front arm) because the DJI emblem is not embossed on the top of the quads housing like my last one had. Mine came from B&H Photo....... I returned the defective P2V last Monday.

TX still does not have the external USB connection either........

Do any of you have tx in two beep mode by default from a new shipment? My thinking is DJI takes shipments back, does a repair (or nothing, I read about the dead unit with a letter from the previous owner that crashed in the ocean as it fell from the sky and DJI put it back into the sales channel without any fix?!), repackages with new accessories then ships as new instead of selling refurbished. What do you think happens with all these returns? I read about someone from BH returning 4 units because of camera softness. B&H will not resell them, so they have to go back to DJI, what happens to all those?

My unit has 3 issues which suggest used, tx in 2 beep mode (non factory default), wifi garbled video (see other thread) and stickers (which still sometimes are there, sometimes not). It seems highly suspect but if not why doesn't DJI just make an official comment? Every communication to DJI support replies with some stock email, we can better assist you by phone ignoring the specific questions raised. Somewhat frustrating.

davephantom said:
Do any of you have tx in two beep mode by default from a new shipment? My thinking is DJI takes shipments back, does a repair (or nothing, I read about the dead unit with a letter from the previous owner that crashed in the ocean as it fell from the sky and DJI put it back into the sales channel without any fix?!), repackages with new accessories then ships as new instead of selling refurbished. What do you think happens with all these returns? I read about someone from BH returning 4 units because of camera softness. B&H will not resell them, so they have to go back to DJI, what happens to all those?

My unit has 3 issues which suggest used, tx in 2 beep mode (non factory default), wifi garbled video (see other thread) and stickers (which still sometimes are there, sometimes not). It seems highly suspect but if not why doesn't DJI just make an official comment? Every communication to DJI support replies with some stock email, we can better assist you by phone ignoring the specific questions raised. Somewhat frustrating.

Mine came with Red Stickers already applied and the Tx was already in 2 Beep Mode. I sent Dji an email the day it arrived and no response. As my OP said, this was purchased directly from Dji. I am really suspect. I have not had a chance to fly it yet.

Flyboy said:
Mine came with Red Stickers already applied and the Tx was already in 2 Beep Mode. I sent Dji an email the day it arrived and no response. As my OP said, this was purchased directly from Dji. I am really suspect. I have not had a chance to fly it yet.

As I and many others have tried to tell you, you have NOTHING to be worried about.

Mine came out of the box last Friday with red stickers and in "2-beep" FCC mode. 3 hours (12 flights) of flying later and it is working as great as it did for the first flight.

Download and install the latest software and go fly.

I believe selling "used" or "refurbished" goods as "new" is highly illegal in most countries. I've PM'd rmklaw for comment to see if he can shed some light on how the law sees things.

iDrone ;)

My Phantom came boxed with the red strips and landing pads and logo stickers already on the Phantom that was Monday 5 days ago? It was in the single beep mode, But the wifi will not stay locked in after setting up the network link. I can control the camera for about 2 minutes then lost communications from Phantom. Did all the software upgrades and the bird flys great just no pictures or video control to my Iphone 5. Surely they wouldn't have sent me a repaired or used Phantom 2 Vision at that price! I did buy it from DJI direct. Called and waited on tech service for 25 minutes and they walked me through the trouble shooting stuff and then said I need to send it back to DJI. and to email [email protected] for a return label. That's all they could do. This is day three and no rely from my email yet. Why would they put red stickers on it, if you can pick your own color.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor