Really? The P3 Cannot Stream to DJI's own Lightbridge Ground Station

Reaction score
So anyway, I have a big event coming up and had planned on live streaming the P3's video to large outdoor projectors and mix that footage in with an aerial blimp so I thought no problem, I'll either just order a Inspire 1 remote and connect the HDMI port to the projector or worst case buy the DJI Lightbridge ground station and connect the HDMI output from that to the projector.

I contacted DJI about both options and was informed that neither one will work and that it is not possible for their own Lightbridge ground station or a second controller to decipher the Lightbridge signal since the device had to be bound to the P3.

This is definitely not what I wanted to hear. I could easily do this with the P2 either by adding their Lightbridge transmitter or by simply powering up another 5.8GHz receiver and tuning it to the right channel.

The only other option that I see is trying to get the HDMI out on my tablet to display the screen but that will show all of the nav information in addition to the video which I do not want, also that would mean I'm tethered to the projector which also wasn't part of the plan.

Several people on this forum use the Inspire 1 controllers with their P3. Your rep misinformed you.

But that would still tether you down to the projector wouldn't it? Unless you plan on having 2 controllers, which I'm not sure if that plan would work.

Several people on this forum use the Inspire 1 controllers with their P3. Your rep misinformed you.

But that would still tether you down to the projector wouldn't it? Unless you plan on having 2 controllers, which I'm not sure if that plan would work.
Yes my question to DJI was if I could use a second controller and get the video from that. They said I could not use a second controller.

Yes my question to DJI was if I could use a second controller and get the video from that. They said I could not use a second controller.

Ah yeah sorry about that. I know you can use the I1 controller as your primary, but I didn't know anything regarding using a second one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic