Real-world Flight Times?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2, but haven't timed my flights yet. My questions is why does DJI state "25 minutes" of flight time for the Phanton 2, 2 vision, and 2 vision+ when they all vary by weight from 1030 up to 1284 grams? Are those with Phantom 2 vision+ really getting the same amount of flight time as the bare Phantom 2's?

My overweight Phantom 2 (around 1500g) get's around 15 minutes (more or less depending on how much I'm moving) until I reach 20% and that's when I usually start heading back to land.

Pushing to 25 minutes basically means in my opinion that you're gonna run the battery dry. :lol:

I guess I've been really worried about weight. So, if I'm flying at 1300 grams, I should be able to get descent flight times? (I'm upping my weight by adding a gimbal soon). Anyone with 1300grams getting 20 minutes or more?

You can expect around 15 - 17 mins with gimbel and GoPro. My advice is don't get caught up in stretching you flight times. Plan your flights well. Use the faster ATTI to get to where you want to be then GPS to fly around then the faster ATTI to get you home again. At 50% I head for home. Never had a battery problem or Flyaway or crash. I know I am conservative but I still have my investment, lots of fun and 100+ flights.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I normally get between 15-17 minute with a P2V+, not close to the 25 minutes... But I land before reaching the safety mark.

I make it a rule to always land when I hit 30% battery, and I get 13 minute flight times. That's with a P2, Zenmuse, GoPro, video transmitter, and IOSD Mini.

IrishSights said:
You can expect around 15 - 17 mins with gimbel and GoPro. My advice is don't get caught up in stretching you flight times. Plan your flights well. Use the faster ATTI to get to where you want to be then GPS to fly around then the faster ATTI to get you home again. At 50% I head for home. Never had a battery problem or Flyaway or crash. I know I am conservative but I still have my investment, lots of fun and 100+ flights.

Does ATTI really get you around faster? How so?

In ATTI it allows a greater angle of tilt than in GPS mode and that translates to higher speed, not much into the exact figures but it is considerably faster.

IrishSights said:
In ATTI it allows a greater angle of tilt than in GPS mode and that translates to higher speed, not much into the exact figures but it is considerably faster.

Increase of pitch from 15% to 25%. In speed off the top of my head it goes GPS mode around 13-14 meters a second to ATTI 20+ meters a second on no wind day. If you have tail wind ATTI will do considerably faster.

Please consider these very rough estimates.

Wow! I did not know that. Going to try that.

Here are my flight times on a P2 non-Vision @ ~ 1400 grams:

Attachments

• T-motors-flight-time-test2.png
    T-motors-flight-time-test2.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 321

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl