Real maximum distance acheived on Phantom 3 Professional

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Firstly I need to tell all of you that I love my Phantom 3 Pro. New to the drone scene I looked at many videos on YouTube and came across one where the guy flew his drone a distance of 6077m. Was this real? It sure looked real as all was displayed on the screen (iPhone) DJI Phantom 3 Long Range 6077 Meters #7

Please look at the clip and let me know if this can be achieved.

Thanks guys

Alfred Rider

South Africa

I am sure that is real. Several P3s have flown beyond that.

If you had great LOS, an area thats not saturated by 2.4ghz transmissions, and low KP. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go that far.

2km is as far as I dare go with a European CE lower power phantom 3. Can't see why you would ever need to fly further away

The furthest I have gone is about 650 meters horizontal and 120 meters vertical. I start to loose video signal about there and so chicken out and bring it back. All of my flying has been in an urban area with tons of 2.4gz noise. I hope to go away from the city soon to see how far I can go without all this noise.

Had an issue on my 3rd flight after the update... basically.. i usually push the phantom to 2km away.. and its always fine... but on the 3rd flight after the update ...while i was 1.9km away ... suddenly lost signal video and the android app 1.2 stopped working ..i did not panic... i launched the pilot app again...but nothing.. just a black screen... as it was not connected at all...nothing ...after one-two minute i turned off the controller. ..and after at least 6 never ending minutes then suddenly the phantom itself came back in to my hand ...landing perfectly on the ground at the home. ...while the app wasn't still connected...what the ****..

Ive had my p3a out 2.8 miles which is around 4.5 km you have to be fairly high to keep los over the trees and in the right area but I still had full signal but was going kinda slow out so turned around to make sure I didnt run out of battery on way back.

My longest distance test, from a mountain top, was just under 4 km. Stopped there due to wind and battery level. Full signal all the way.

I have a video going over 16,000ft away at around 400ft up. I could see it the whole time with full video. I turned around and came back. 3 miles is the limit for me. That is 1 mile further than I'd really like to fly. Its just nice to know what this baby can do.

My goal is to fly all the way up 1st ave, back down second, then up third, etc... in Seattle... all the way from the Space needle to Centurylink... Lake Union might be a little stretch cause the building I have access to the top of is only 60 floors.

I've gone over 2 miles with a windsurfer attached to help the reception. While I was flying over open space, there were still 100's of houses and thousands of trees between me and the phantom. Just over the 2 mile mark it lost connection but quickly brought itself back into range.

6km is like 18k ft right? that's entirely possible.

I think I pushed mine to 24k feet max

Definately possible, I did it with a P2......
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: gosports1
Bryce tell me your kidding. You loose that phantom from that high up due to a number of failures and you can kill someone at that height. There are always a number of electronic failures that can cause these things to drop like a rock.....

The furthest I have gone is about 650 meters horizontal and 120 meters vertical. I start to loose video signal about there and so chicken out and bring it back. All of my flying has been in an urban area with tons of 2.4gz noise. I hope to go away from the city soon to see how far I can go without all this noise.

I have same distance. How are you fixed this problem?

I live in Redmond WA and I took my stock P3P out to a local soccer field.. I got about 4000 feet out and started getting intermittent video signal drops so I turned around and came back. I will say 3/4 of a mile in a somewhat urban area is pretty good. I would really like to take it out in the country and see how big a difference there is between in town and out of town range/signal strength.

I took my P3 to the top of Taal Volcano in the Philippines at the weekend. I wanted to fly to a nearby smaller volcano, which I assumed was about 2000m away. It was actually 4500m away. I was amazed that the P3 just kept going. Had a couple of seconds of weak video signal but a quick adjustment of the aerials sorted it out. LoS and dry air probably helps. Video footage looks amazing.

Attachments

• DJI_0028.JPG
    DJI_0028.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 1,862
I took my P3 to the top of Taal Volcano in the Philippines at the weekend. I wanted to fly to a nearby smaller volcano, which I assumed was about 2000m away. It was actually 4500m away. I was amazed that the P3 just kept going. Had a couple of seconds of weak video signal but a quick adjustment of the aerials sorted it out. LoS and dry air probably helps. Video footage looks amazing.
Post the video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.