ready to buy...but which one 5.5 or 7.85? I have a Phatom 4 Pro and a Mavic Pro...one day I

Reaction score
One day I am sold on the larger one...and the next day...I am thinking I want the smaller one....any thoughts of feedback of those who have purchased and wish they had the other one....smaller instead of the larger...or wish you had went with the larger instead of the SMALLER...???
I am having analysis paralysis..

Last edited:
Smaller will work on both. The 7.85 is too big if using the Crystal Sky mount with the Mavic. I used an iPad Air 2 before I got the CS 5.5 and I don't really miss it with the brighter screen on the Phantom 4 Pro. On cloudy days I sometimes use the iPad but most of the time I use the CS.

I went with the 7.85 ultra, I attached the DJI CS mount for the P4P to the mav mount and slid it into the mavic controller, so to swap quickly all you need is 2 DJI CS P4P mount.

The 7.85 2000 nits panel is so much better than the 5.5, even if there is a trade-off in weight

crystalsky 4 - Copy.jpg
crystalsky1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, it will work good with the Mavmount base but not so good with the Crystal Sky mount for Mavic.

DJI have updated the firmware and DJI Go4 app ( V02.04.02.00 and 4.1.14) on the CS, the app side load restriction has been lifted and you can side load some other android apps

DJI have updated the firmware and DJI Go4 app ( V02.04.02.00 and 4.1.14) on the CS, the app side load restriction has been lifted and you can side load some other android apps
That's good to know because I'd like to install a screen recorder like AZ Screen Recorder.

Lannes - I have similar dilema - I don’t want to mount me CS on bottom of my controller upside down. So I ordered the phantom bracket and was looking for a mounting plate like the one you have -
where did you get it?
please.

I can really use one.

Thank you
Laz

This is the mount I use for my 7.85 on Mavic controller. Works very well. Crystalsky is placed over the controller display, but you can still see it with a bit of angling of the setup. The Polarpro mount itself is solid as a rock.

CrystalSky Remote Mount | Mavic Remotes

Paul C

8111FA9A-24AD-43A8-A745-DE1EBF230770.jpeg 6EBD1033-F790-49C6-8376-98BF56C5EEF7.jpeg 29BDAD63-53DB-4E23-AB1C-A958FF7FD433.jpeg
This is the mount I use for my 7.85 on Mavic controller. Works very well. Crystalsky is placed over the controller display, but you can still see it with a bit of angling of the setup. The Polarpro mount itself is solid as a rock.

CrystalSky Remote Mount | Mavic Remotes

Paul C
That was my plan B - I liked the PolarPro but I actually liked the colors of the MavMount too——they look like they are built tough-But I wanted the ability of the crystalsky latch and the wire that runs inside the bracket - but thanks for sharing...I am sure others will find this to be a useful conversation.

I had the smaller CS and sold it and got the 7.8 which I like. It is a bit big for mavic but I don't find it to big to use. I had a Mav mount and ended up getting a polarpro mount which I like. I mostly use the CS with the P4P and the DJI mount. The DJI mount is really nice mounts quick and sturdy and don't have to worry about a usb cable.

One of the best advantages is you will be able to use your display in the sunlight with sunglasses too. If you get Ultra Bright, use only as much brightness level as needed. It saves battery time and will help keep from overheating.

Make sure you get confirmation from the forum users and or the app vendor about any specific app you wish to run is supported.

One day I am sold on the larger one...and the next day...I am thinking I want the smaller one....any thoughts of feedback of those who have purchased and wish they had the other one....smaller instead of the larger...or wish you had went with the larger instead of the SMALLER...???
I am having analysis paralysis..
I bought the Crystalsky 7.85" and I'm glad I did. It is heavier but worth the viewing. I could have used my Iphone if I wanted the smaller model.

I bought the Crystalsky 7.85" and I'm glad I did. It is heavier but worth the viewing. I could have used my Iphone if I wanted the smaller model.
Did you get the ultra or just high-brightness? How long have you had it and Are you using it on a p4p and have you had any troubles with it?
I'm seriously considering the Crystal Sky 7.85 High brightness. I'm using an iPad 2017 now, it really sucks in bright sunlight.

Did you get the ultra or just high-brightness? How long have you had it and Are you using it on a p4p and have you had any troubles with it?
I'm seriously considering the Crystal Sky 7.85 High brightness. I'm using an iPad 2017 now, it really sucks in bright sunlight.
I bought the high-brightness Crystalsky. I had this for only 2 months. I fly a P4P. No problems yet.

Good to know, TY

Def 7.85 Ultra... but **** it DJI... where is my DJI mount for Mavic Air... hopefully now that M2 is out they will make a mount for this controller... don't want to go through swapping out screws etc... (have a set yup like this but find it too cumbersome) would like to just slip my CS from P4P to MAir and lock in place... no fuss no bother, no cables between monitor and bracket... )

AND let me load google play services without crashing all the time, that way I can have google maps on Litchi... ALSO !!! I need GS Pro or Drone Deploy to be able to be loaded... come on!!!

Got it yesterday. Hooked it all up, tried it out today for about 15 minutes.
didn't fly far , OMG best thing I ever bought for the Drone. I was in direct sunlight today not a problem seeing the screen and all the details. If I have any problems I will post them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl