Reached a new top speed today.

Reaction score
There was a good breeze today. I don't normally fly when it's really windy, but thought I'd take the opportunity to try break my previous speed record. (57.2 Mph or 92.0 Km/h). I had been stuck there for months.

I took off, climbed to 250 feet and went into a hover. In order to figure out the wind direction, I switched to ATTI mode and let the wind take it. The wind pushed it to the North East at around 20 mph or 32 Km/h. I flew back, pointed to the North East, switched to Sport mode then pushed the right stick all the way forward.

It didn't take long to get up to 67.3 Mph or 108.3 Km/h. A new best :) But the wind was picking up. Now on the way back, the fastest I could go was 12 Mph or 19 Km/h. Good thing I didn't go that far and had lots of battery left.
speed.jpg

Reactions: Sunnaroe
Amazing that the wind kept you to 12 mph on your return. Must have been a pretty stout wind. A better idea would be to head out against the wind then come back with it.

Reactions: With The Birds
As very much the junior here regarding P4s and experience with them (but I do have considerable flying experience of many aircraft) I seem to have done well with my P4 in sport mode for a short spell 74.9 MPH, the wind was no more than 15 MPH max. :smiley::innocent: take a look (I've checked it on the recording and it is correct).

IMG_0632.JPG

Wow.. I'd like to break 70..

There's even more wind here today today. You have to lean into the wind when you walk. I probably could go faster, but, I'm not brave enough to fly in these conditions :)

Ok speedracers but a tailwind's kinda like cheating :)

Sorry 'Go Fast' but I disagree your comment "kinda like cheating".

It's simply using the conditions you are presented with AND as stated it was a mere 15 mph Max that actually was not a full tail wind it was probably 20 deg off being that.

It was not a race.

It was one person just pleasure flying on his own (Hundreds of miles from any other P4s I believe).

It was not meant as a competition statement, it was purely showing what happened, and then informing fellow pilots so they could see what happened.

What you are saying is like one sailplane pilot saying to another sailplane pilot after landing (and not in any kind of competition) "I didn't get as high as you because you flew your bigger thermal better than I flew mine and mine was smaller, that's not fair (followed by toys out of the pram)".

However should you wish to make it a competition for stock 'out of the box P4s' I'm sure there are people on here that will give it a go, and you never know with a name like "GO FAST" you 'MAY' win! :);):);):rolleyes: OTOH?

Sorry 'Go Fast' but I disagree your comment "kinda like cheating".

It's simply using the conditions you are presented with AND as stated it was a mere 15 mph Max that actually was not a full tail wind it was probably 20 deg off being that.

It was not a race.

It was one person just pleasure flying on his own (Hundreds of miles from any other P4s I believe).

It was not meant as a competition statement, it was purely showing what happened, and then informing fellow pilots so they could see what happened.

What you are saying is like one sailplane pilot saying to another sailplane pilot after landing (and not in any kind of competition) "I didn't get as high as you because you flew your bigger thermal better than I flew mine and mine was smaller, that's not fair (followed by toys out of the pram)".

However should you wish to make it a competition for stock 'out of the box P4s' I'm sure there are people on here that will give it a go, and you never know with a name like "GO FAST" you 'MAY' win! :);):);):rolleyes: OTOH?
Point well taken I was just making a lighthearted statement , trust me I'm all about speed...

image.jpeg
Ok so here's mine , just breaking it in...

Last edited:
Screenshot_2017-01-04-12-43-10.png

First day ever flying a drone. had no idea these things were this cool ! After reading a little bit I realized i probably didn't tighten down the rotors all the way. I also had no idea not to pull both sticks in so it doesn't drop out of the sky. The 70mph plus was definitly beginners luck and most assuredly wind assisted. I'm super lucky i didn't loose the thing or hurt someone. I don't want to be another jerk with a drone but **** did it look cool screaming by at 70mph!!! for the record it's a p3 standard :)

question? Are you sighned into your Dji Go account while your flying, all connected threw cellular or Wifi while flying? If yes then just sighn out of account then fly, after your flight then sighn in and sync your recent flights. If this helps I don't know, If this doesn't help then Sign into your Go account And then Fly, Again I'm not sure if this will help everyone experience this phanomenon. Again this might help or not?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31