RC won't connect to AC - Tried everything

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Phantom 3 Standard with a controller and whenever I turn it on it does the usual boot up and then the rear lights flash yellow (quickly) for the past two days i been going and doing everything, restarting, unplugging then replugging everything, removing/install battery, connecting both Drone and Controller together with a cord, using the app to try and connect (will connect to controller and will communicate with it) delete the app and reinstalled it. Basically, everything and it still won't connect. anyone know why? is my drone junk? or am I missing something? (Yes I press the pairing button on the drone and have used the manually connect with the controller and flipping the S1(or S2 whatever it is) up and down 3 times. I don't understand why it won't connect to each other especially when my phone can connect to the remote wifi and get a response with the app (calibrating switches and pressing link RC)

Using iPhone 8 Plus

Any help? If not I will part my drone out and see if its enough to buy a used one

Thanks

Hello,
I have a Phantom 3 Standard with a controller and whenever I turn it on it does the usual boot up and then the rear lights flash yellow (quickly) for the past two days i been going and doing everything, restarting, unplugging then replugging everything, removing/install battery, connecting both Drone and Controller together with a cord, using the app to try and connect (will connect to controller and will communicate with it) delete the app and reinstalled it. Basically, everything and it still won't connect. anyone know why? is my drone junk? or am I missing something? (Yes I press the pairing button on the drone and have used the manually connect with the controller and flipping the S1(or S2 whatever it is) up and down 3 times. I don't understand why it won't connect to each other especially when my phone can connect to the remote wifi and get a response with the app (calibrating switches and pressing link RC)

Using iPhone 8 Plus

Any help? If not I will part my drone out and see if its enough to buy a used one

Thanks
May not be relavent but when I had my P3S if i had my home wifi on it would interfere with the standards wifi so turn off home wifi. Other than that you could try reset your remote control?

I haven’t tried it outside only inside with my house wifi on, to me it seem ridiculous for such a expensive drone to have that problem. I’ll try later today

Thanks

I haven’t tried it outside only inside with my house wifi on, to me it seem ridiculous for such a expensive drone to have that problem. I’ll try later today

Thanks
I forgot this, i had to do mine outside too, worked 1st try. Dont know why but it did.

Sounds strikingly similar to whay just happened to my bird. I wonder if that 1.9.4 update fried our wifi module again?!! Did you notice any issues with gimbal before failure?erratic movements ? Dji has caused more damage to my equipment thru faulty updates....will it ever end?

Tommy this may not help and maybe you have already gotten around your problem, but, I have several phantom 3 standards that I bought second hand. several would not link to the controller no matter what I did. I finally started taking them apart and found in both cases that the previous owners had literally knocked the link button off of the main board, and even though the link lite came on it would not react as it should when you are trying to get it to link. This is very easy to do, especially if the drone has ever hit anything hard enough to break the main board mounts. When they do break it may not effect the drone flying and functioning, but what it will do is allow the captive plastic lens over the link button to fall out of place. when this occurs, the link button is still accessible, but usually when you stick a screwdriver or pen or any object into the link hole, what your doing is getting it up against the side of the link button, and because it is very delicately soldered in place, it is very easy to knock off. And you probably wont know it either.

To get one to link, when you stick your tool into that hole, that red lite "must" start flashing. If it does not, it has not gone into link mode.

Just thought I'd mention what I have found.

Hope that helps.

@tommy49931,
Did you get it figured out?

Are you sure your getting a quick yellow flash, because that would mean no GPS.

If your getting green status light on the remote, and green light at the re-link button, your linked.
What are the colors of the link status lights?

Hooking a cord between the Phantom and the Remote, isn't going to work.

Did this remote every work with this phantom?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20