RC will not operate camera movement

Reaction score
After hard crash I noticed drone was not as stable as it once was, so I reset IMU and calibrate compass and everything seems fine.i fly a few times and drone responds great and flies great. A few days later I go to fly and everything starts up fine but as I take off I notice no movement of my camera, the RC roller will not operate the camera. It will still take video and photos but no camera movement with RC. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

So what you describe suggests that the STM32 gimbal controller does not receive commands from the RC, but the Ambarella chip receives them properly. That is quite unusual. Both of these modules get the commands from RC via CAN interface within ribbon cable which connects Gimbal Top Board to OFDM Board. There would have to be a very specific damage to the Gimbal Top Board to block the signal from STM32, but properly send it to Ambarella.

Maybe your wheel in RC is just not working? That seems more probable.

Reactions: p3s_noob
Thank you for your reply, I found out some more info. I took apart RC and inspected the wheel and it appeared fine. I looked at the pics and video I took when this happened and all the pics look fine but it did not record the videos I had attempted to record. The files only show a pic where the video file should be and will not play. Any other ideas or checks I can do? Thank you.

Check if you can move gimbal when you turn on the drone with no sd card in slot.
Make sure you are using proper software to play 4k video from the drone.

Check if you can move gimbal when you turn on the drone with no sd card in slot.
Make sure you are using proper software to play 4k video from the drone.
No movement with the RC roller without Sd card, I get the slight side to side movement moving the left stick left and right. the gimbal does its dance when it starts and then it’s dead. The camera stays pointing straight ahead. Using light works for videos and pics. Free version.

Last edited:
If it slightly moves side to side with sticks, then it receives the CAN signals.

Try resetting to defaults in the app. Try moving the pitch speed slider in settings.

For the video - try different software on different computer. This may be just a playback issue.

Again, thank you for your help. Reset settings still no movement, every thing it does makes it seem like it's got to be the roller on RC. When I get home I'll upload one of the pics it took and one of the "videos".

I'm exactly with the same prob. after a crash, everything looks ok but camera dont move with the RC wheel, but woks well when i switch on the drone and let me also put all down/all up!!!!! any hint??

Again, thank you for your help. Reset settings still no movement, every thing it does makes it seem like it's got to be the roller on RC. When I get home I'll upload one of the pics it took and one of the "videos".

Does it do the straight down and back to vertical when you set your C1 or C2 buttons.

Does it do the straight down and back to vertical when you set your C1 or C2 buttons.
Yes it will, and slight movement when I move left control arm.
I tried to upload the last flight video, but file to large. It takes off and the gimbal is really off and shaking and I return to ground without trying much. When I tried to fly again I noticed the gimbel would not move at all with the roller on RC. I tried to reset everything and you can hear the camera beeping to each change and/or reset but no movement with RC>

Last edited:
Alright playing with settings on DJI Go and Litchi all the sudden IT WORKS!!!! WTH!!! OK I will go try short flight and see what happens. I will update.Thanks for the HELP!!

Alright playing with settings on DJI Go and Litchi all the sudden IT WORKS!!!! WTH!!! OK I will go try short flight and see what happens. I will update.Thanks for the HELP!!
Wow should've tried that in the beginning, flew great!! Short flight. Will try longer flight later. THANK YOU!!!!

Reactions: Dbird
Now I remember I might've had similar issue in the past. The RC roller was moving the camera, but very, very slowly - over half a minute to change its position from front to down. I fixed it by changing the speed in settings. And when I later checked the minimal possible setting there, it was still way faster than what I had before - like the setting was set below the scale.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart