RC not linking to P3SE, After a minor crash

Reaction score
New drone, Im new to this too ...
tried it on 3 flights of about 10 mins, worked fine, tried to land on a table, it crached to the floor ... Since then;

1. The RC will not connect, tried all the recommendations on uTube, on the RC one light is red, the others geen, I appreciate the green ones are for power/charge.
2. When I switch the phantom on, it screams in the usual way. before long the status lights are flashing amber in quick succession.
3. The go app connects and shows dark screen [no video feed], status disconnected. could not calibrate IMUs

Help please if you can
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum!

You do have an P3SE?

I don't know much about that model, but I assume there is a link/reset with a light same as the P3S / P3A, Etc. What color is the light?

Rod

Hi, thanx. Yes it has the light .... tried it to initiate manual linking of The rc, it times out. It also times out when u try and link the extra through the go app ....

Btw ... solid red light, flashes when u press it for 2s, then red again after time out

I see you actually put P3SE in the title. :rolleyes: Mondays
Have you tried to start the motors, have props off in case it starts.

Basically if your not getting signal from the gimbal, you won't be able to relink it. But if your using the same remote not a new one, it would normally still be linked.

I would say for sure there is something wrong with the gimbal and or camera.

Your gimbal has to be working to get telemetry.

Rod

Rod, thanks ... Could you explain the significance of SE? I see many posts say standard, others advanced, and some 4k camera. what I have is P3SE whatver that means and it has a 4k camera, not yet confirmed ....
What I notice is that when the usual alarm sound screams at start up, the camera does not do its usual dance ... also it usually bleeps 3 times inrhythem [tot tot toooot].
I tries to start the motors, no response.
Thanx

As far as I know, that is the difference 4K and a few more buttons on the remote. Looks like VPS also, that's why you flying in the house? I have never tried that. ;)
Phantom 3 SE - DJI

Are the beeps coming from the camera / gimbal?
What is the light doing on the camera?

Rod

Rod, thanks ... Could you explain the significance of SE? I see many posts say standard, others advanced, and some 4k camera. what I have is P3SE whatver that means and it has a 4k camera, not yet confirmed ....
What I notice is that when the usual alarm sound screams at start up, the camera does not do its usual dance ... also it usually bleeps 3 times inrhythem [tot tot toooot].
I tries to start the motors, no response.
Thanx

It means : special edition. It’s in the manual . The manual also explain how to link the controller to the craft in case of need.

hi, thanx again. The beeps are coming out of the base above the camera .... the unit which has a small red light, the light flashes every 30s, the status light are flashing amber fast.
I tried linking as per manual with S2 switch, RC bleeps to establish connection but times out.

One thing I just noticed, the camera at switch on, does not move at all .... Usually it goes to standard, forward level position!! Is that some sort of a clue?

Cheers
Ali

Today I spoke with Technical support, who to date have been useless .... They inform me that I have to send the drone back for investigation ..... Im sure the postage cost to the neterhlands will be high, the annoying thing is that they didnt ask for any key details, almost working from a script which always ends up with 1. Have a look on the Internet or 2. Send it back to be investigated. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I now summerise my issues as .... RC does not connect, tried both manual and through the go app.
The go app times out. When the phantom is switched on, it makes the usual loud beep, but the camera/gimball does not move at all. I disconnected the gimball cable, and tried to connct RC, still the same issue ... Anyone help please ... Any clues?

I see you actually put P3SE in the title. :rolleyes: Mondays
Have you tried to start the motors, have props off in case it starts.

Basically if your not getting signal from the gimbal, you won't be able to relink it. But if your using the same remote not a new one, it would normally still be linked.

I would say for sure there is something wrong with the gimbal and or camera.

Your gimbal has to be working to get telemetry.

Rod
Hi Rod,
What is the purpose of the signal from the gimbal? Btw, what r the three wires that goes to the top of the gimbal, which is which? I have one round gray wire, and one round black wire. In the middle, a white maybe between 7 - 9 pins type of wire in a straight line? Because I am having the the same problem, as my drone will not link to the controller. I have done it both way, one by the dji go app, click on linking the bird, and the other, switching the left toggle on the controller back and forth 3 times very fast, while holding the gimbal pitch to the left. I do hear the beeping noise from the controller. I am able to click on the little red light underside of the bird, to blinking red light, meaning the ac is ready to link. The camera does it little dance when the power is turn on the bird, and then a few seconds later, quick blinking yellow lights, meaning the bird is not connected. For the life of me, I can not understand why it is not linking up to the ac. Thanks, Charlie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues