RC lost signal and will not reconnect

Reaction score
Just unboxed my p3a 7 days ago and had about 8 flights with no problems. Today I was checking out the flight simulator and my RC lost signal and the AC started to beep. When I went to shut it off the vps was hot enough to burn your hand. Now all it will do is beep non stop and will not connect with RC. All of this happened while it was sitting on my table.

Always best to use a small fan on the aircraft when it is on and sitting on the bench with no air flow. Keeps all the electronics cool. Shut down the VPS in the app and see if that helps.

VPS was off when this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also when the p3a is on and you move the ac by hand the gimbal jerks around and will not move smoothly.

Is it normal for them to get that hot?

My son was using it for about 15 minutes when it lost signal the first time.

I called dji and all they told me was not to turn it back on because it might be a fire hazard and that I needed to send it to them.

I was hoping for an easy fix or maybe a setting that was wrong. At least it wasn't in the air when this happened.

VPS: it's a visual positioning system mounted at the bottom of phantom. It's effective to hold the phantom in case GPS is not available such as inside house.

p3A: it's Advance version of Phantom 3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic