RC Firmware Upgrade???

Reaction score
I m a new Vision owner, and love the tool but I am becoming very suspicious of the company. The Adobe Raw and GPS Waypoint support was coming in December, then early January, now ? in the next FOUR months? They put an announcement of this upgrade on their Facebook page, then pulled it? Then, in order to figure out whether my brand new RTF Vision needed an RC Controller update, I had to take the thing apart and fiddle it back together? These are not good signs.

Now, the company has published the following press release saying there is an update to their RC Firmware. Does this apply to the Phantom 2 only, or also to the Phantom 2 Vision? Where is it? I looked at the downloads for both of these and there is nothing new and nothing with a number 1.0.1.11. What is going on? I am very confused.

Here is the release:

DJI RELEASED NEW FIRMWARE FOR PHANTOM 2 REMOTE CONTROL!
January 9, 2014
DJI released new firmware for Phantom 2 remote control!

What’s new?

Firmware

Remote Controller firmware updated to V1.0.1.11
Optimized output of the X1 channel on the Phantom 2 remote controller to improve user experience.

Important notes:

1. For the users of the PHANTOM 2 with H3-2D gimbal, one must adhere to the following steps to upgrade the remote controller firmware.

1) Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the remote controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the remote controller using the PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 via upgrade page.
4) After the upgrade is completed, calibrate the X1 channel of the main controller using the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to ensure compatibility of PHANTOM 2 and the H3-2D.
2. For users of PHANTOM 2 without H3-2D, conduct all of the above steps except the third to upgrade the remote controller firmware.

I think it's safe to say we're all disappointed in DJI's lack of forthrightness & responsiveness since Vision's launch. When Mitch posted his YouTube interview with Colin about fly-away's it looked like things might be getting better, fly-away's were being acknowledged and firmware was being optimized to help prevent them... DJI was communicating with us, as well they should. Well, that is until the other day when CES scuttlebutt rumored Colin was no longer with DJI.

Admittedly, much needs to be done to fix their poor representation, poor English, poor response time, poor soldering, and poor support... meanwhile there's PhantomPilots.com & RCgroups.com - I'm reasonably convinced were it not for these forums, DJI would be knee deep in litigation and facing public embarrassment significant enough to make them lose any hold they currently have on the SmartQuad market. But, my apologies, I digress...

Back to your question... v1.0.1.11 is exclusively for the Phantom 2 non-Vision TX/controller. Vision's TX/Contoller is at v1.0.2.22 and was released Nov 5th. You can read the Release Notes for the non-Vision firmware here: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_release_notes_en.pdf

iDrone

I've seen images posted by a guy at Adobe who has been testing the beta DJI RAW converter, so I know it's coming.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl