Rc battery

Reaction score
I hope this is the rightI place to post a question. I have a phantom 3 se. When charging your RC. Do you charge it every time you plan on flying. When I fly I use 2 battery’s on my drone so when I get Done flying I have like 50-60 percent left on RC battery. Should I drain the battery before charging or can I charge at 50%. I just like going out with 100% batt charge on all my battery’s. Any input would be much appreciated.

Up up and away
Safe flying

I power cycle my RC batteries about once per month, other than that I top it off when I get down to 50%

Hi When you fly you should have everything fully charged Batteries, R/C and what ever you use to operate the go app You don’t have to completely drain The RC before charging but cycling it once in a while is ok The drone batteries will discharge then selves after a period of time if not used this is set in the go app When flying try not to drain the batteries completely My low battery warning is set for 30% and it auto lands at 10% hope that helps

Doug

Last edited:
Reactions: DenMac
So should I drain the battery all the way down before charging and if so is it ok to turn on remote to drain batt

Hi When you fly you should have everything fully charged Batteries, R/C and what ever you use to operate the go app You don’t have to completely drain The RC before charging but cycling it once in a while is ok The drone batteries will discharge then selves after a period of time if not used this is set in the go app When flying try not to drain the batteries completely My low battery warning is set for 30% and it auto lands at 10% hope that helps

Doug
Thanks Doug.

So should I drain the battery all the way down before charging and if so is it ok to turn on remote to drain batt
Lithium-ion batteries doesn't really need to drain down. If you would like to have long live cycle for it, you do it only rare. If you store the controller for long period without usage, it's the best to do it on 60%

Thanks. For your info. What is the normal life cycle for rc batterys?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4