Ranting and Rambling

Reaction score
I like this forum a lot,, lean a lot, still lots of question, so I have found answers too and still searching for others,, As the saying goes no such thing as a dumb question.
What I get tied up in is all the post about firmware not working, runaway drones, lost drones, cameras not working not to mention where we can and can not fly at, and anything else that can go wrong, and I dont even want to get into about DJI, if they still going to make the phantom or not. all these doomsday post, all of them are good, you learn from the bad stuff to make the good things happen. but its almost, (I said almost) makes me wonder about flying my drone at all.
So far I havnt had any of the problems that I have read about, nor do I want to experience them. Sad to say I still mostly fly in beginner mode just so I can keep it close. just ranting and rambling

Well @SeattleDrone, we were ALL new to this hobby at one time or another, so we each had our questions and concerns as you do. But, that’s what this Forum is for......To ask questions we can’t find the answers to by searching the many topics in the forums.

This Forum may seem to be loaded with problems, failures, and issues, but it is really just a way to share solutions to those issues.

There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people here on the Forum, so if you have a question you haven’t been able to answer by reading through the topics, just ask away!

Blue Skies and Calm Winds!

Last edited:
You mainly hear the bad stuff because people need help. Most of the time it is pilot error.

How about, I love my P4 and it flies great. It gives me a good feeling to fly. I feel like a kid. Let's hear all the good, no problem, wonderful flights everyone has had. Lol That could get redundant and boring. Plus, people love to solve problems. It's a challenge. Gee golly, I really can't wait to fly again.

I too like the flying, gives me a sense of freedom and escape from everyday life. The 25 minutes or so of flight time is that time spent some where else, to see things as I normally wouldnt see it. A great way to spend 30 minutes

Yes flying takes me away from struggles of life
Seem to have stuck with phantoms so thanks dji,thanks for taking my money,we all need some break or time out and to fly doing it is awsome,,I just return from flying,bord again now,,waiting arrive of p4 tommorow that be a buzz,,I hope,,probly rain for a week-- but that's cool ,,I get the RC car out,36cc,,,you all must get one for when can't fly,,got a do something or we all go crazy

Murphy's law. if it can go wrong, it probably will. I always fly with this in mind and I prepare to mitigate anything that may go wrong. I have lost a Phantom and it was my mistake. A costly mistake, but after that I haven't had any negative experiences. I love reading posts here, I have learned the dos and don'ts, which have taught me to fly safer and smarter. I use drones for work and pleasure. It is a way to vent my daily frustrations and relax myself. There is something being up there in the sky that just calms me.

Reactions: Tenisyn
I still mostly fly in beginner mode just so I can keep it close

I rarely exhaust my VLOS area, in fact most operations are within 100 meters. After more than 200 flights / 100 hours I still feel in the lower end of the learning curve, mostly in regard to wind, which is a science on its own. For instance, controlling this paradox about the fact that the best place to keep VLOS is usually a top of a hill but it is a place where wind will go locally faster. Also there is the turbulent down wash problem in some areas of the landing / take off area that will make the phantom flip over.

Last edited:
I still mostly fly in beginner mode just so I can keep it close

I rarely exhaust my VLOS area, in fact most operations are within 100 meters. After more than 200 flights / 100 hours I still feel in the lower end of the learning curve, mostly in regard to wind, which is a science on its own. For instance, controlling this paradox about the fact that the best place to keep VLOS is usually a top of a hill but it is a place where wind will go locally faster. Also there is the turbulent down wash problem in some areas of the landing / take off area that will make the phantom flip over.
I think you are being overly cautious. If you were flying in 20 mph winds, which I don’t think you would, the wind isn’t going to bother your drone. If take offs are a problem to you, let the app do it. It never has a flip over. A turbulent down wash happens when you are coming down fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31