Range?

Does anyone know how far the FC40 can fly?
It can fly pretty far away with the remote connection, meaning it will receive inputs to go forwards, backwards, up, down, you get it. However, the video transmission will not go very far. I had one a while ago, I would guess maybe 500 feet before you lose video connection.

It can fly pretty far away with the remote connection, meaning it will receive inputs to go forwards, backwards, up, down, you get it. However, the video transmission will not go very far. I had one a while ago, I would guess maybe 500 feet before you lose video connection.

Thanks

Should be able to get a kilometer in FCC mode, but you would need to upgrade the video system in order to not lose video going out that far.

I get a little over a half a mile with mine. Which is a pretty decent range for what I need it for. Beario is correct. You will need to seriously upgrade [boost] the video though to keep up.

Does anyone know how far the FC40 can fly?
I just picked up a used FC40 with camera and tried it out this morning . I was very surprised at the range I got with out any mod's. little over a mile with FPV. I lost video feed at 5840 ft. I still had control of the drone.

I am not surprised looking at your terrain. If your were in a wooded area with lots of trees and other vegetation, your range would be a lot shorter. The fc40 is a great drone to play around with at a good price and it's free of the upgrade restrictions of the later models. The batteries are dirt cheap which makes up for there limited flight time. Just buy a good multi charger and your good to go. I use the thunder 20 amp 400 watt smart charger with a charging board which lets me charge 6 batteries at a time.

Cheers Happy Flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj