Range test

Reaction score
Hi there, I was wondering about range testing my P3S but wanted to know, when I fly out can I keep going and going until RTH kicks in. Never had the nerves yet to just keep going lol.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Yes, it will kick in automatically and fly back. Be sure to have the RTH altitude setting higher than any objects in your way as it will fly directly back. If something is in the way it will crash into it.

Have a look at this link - Know Before You Fly

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

Reactions: neilc
IF you have your home point and return height set right.

How does it actually find its way back when the signal is totally lost from the rc ?

Firmware and GPS in the UAV

A signal from your controller is sent to the moon, it bounces around till it connects with your drone....jk,, I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You must have the home point set. It marks it by way of GPS. If it loses signal it returns in a straight line back to where the home point was logged.

This and more in the manual which you can download here - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...antom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf
You should read it cover to cover to understand how it all works. You want to be in control and know what your doing... especially if you are flying BLOS and range testing.

Thankyou so much for the welcome and info. This is such a fantastic forum. Been lookin in from the sidelines until tonight for my first post, but no doubt will have more questions in due course.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl