Range issues

Cheers, gives me hope!
What sort of area was it? I think my main issue is flying in an area saturated with wifi and it's always the video downlink that drops off first.

The area was the industrial zone. Height was 80 meters, began to lag the video link at 800 meters. I made the IMU calibration and after me range is improved, perhaps

your all lucky. got mine a couple days ago and managed 200m in open fields before losing signal

Cheers for the replies everyone. Received my skysurfer today and the weather is good for a flight out this evening so I'm going to go for a good range test. I'll update afterwards to let you know how well the bird does. After that I might have to order a DBS upgrade if the wife allows it.

your all lucky. got mine a couple days ago and managed 200m in open fields before losing signal
I got similar results in an open field once, tried another location and got 600m. I suggest trying different locations even if the one you are at looks to have very little interference :)

Reactions: hanezu86
I got similar results in an open field once, tried another location and got 600m. I suggest trying different locations even if the one you are in has very little interference :)

cheers will try somewhere else. not many places i can fly close to home. and with only 1 battery at the minute im reluctant to make a long drive for a 20 min flight

A lot of you might know this but gonna say it anyway . I still think a lot of these range issues are because of improper aim .
If your going to try and stretch it out which is what I have been doing 75% of the time you have to watch your signal bars and
adjust your antemma by that . Also something I learned from watching Dirty Bum having his TX on a tripod is
I now sit and let the TX sit in my lap to be as steady as possible . It don't take but a little shake when you are out to lose signal .
There is room in close for some movement but way less when you go long .
And know your route .

Reactions: Procharged97
A lot of you might know this but gonna say it anyway . I still think a lot of these range issues are because of improper aim .
If your going to try and stretch it out which is what I have been doing 75% of the time you have to watch your signal bars and
adjust your antemma by that . Also something I learned from watching Dirty Bum having his TX on a tripod is
I now sit and let the TX sit in my lap to be as steady as possible . It don't take but a little shake when you are out to lose signal .
And know your route .

never thought of adjusting my antenna. will try that tonight in the same spot see if it helps.

never thought of adjusting my antenna. will try that tonight in the same spot see if it helps.
Are you losing RC signal or the Video Signal?

Adjust your antennas like this:
p3-antenna-position-single-jpg.55997

That you have to do and only by flying and trying different things at the same spot till you see what gets you the best distance
will you know .
Takes a little time flying but you will get the hang of it :)

And know your route .
I'll have to try this out :)

I'll have to try this out :)
It helps, been trying to get the best I could for over 2 years now with whatever I had and it's just trial and error to find what works the best for you at your location . To many variables for it to just be a set way to get your best where your at .

im losing video signal. can still fly it fine but have no connection on the app
Yeah same with me... I always lose video signal before I lose RC signal :/ The video antennas are inside the controller on the P3S, The physical antenna on the outside is for controlling the quad so moving it around will only help with the RC signal. Your video feed dropping out is probably due to interference in the area.

Great flight out tonight. 1000ft away, almost 500 up and still strong rc signal and video.

Time to keep pushing it but I'm certainly much happier with that!

image.png
image.jpeg

Reactions: Alfex
i went out last night aswell. tried a new spot further away from houses and roads etc. managed 320m out. still had perfect signal but as it was only my 3rd flight ever i didn't want to go to far

Reactions: Markhull
just checked and 320m is 1049 feet so im glad to know we are at the same kind of distance

just checked and 320m is 1049 feet so im glad to know we are at the same kind of distance
I was getting a bit less than you .When I added the DBS panel I could go to 500-600m reliably in any direction 880m was the most I could go until RTH activated but that was strangely always on an easterly heading, less in every other direction

I was getting a bit less than you .When I added the DBS panel I could go to 500-600m reliably in any direction 880m was the most I could go until RTH activated but that was strangely always on an easterly heading, less in every other direction

thats odd. may of been interference in that direction. going to go for a long fly one night this week. had my 1 year old with me and she was getting bored. im more than happy with 300m+ though. for now anyway lol

Haven't had a one year old for ...28 years .Be careful ,keep feeding them and they grow into 6 foot monsters that cost you a fortune to educate .,then come home and eat you out of house and home .I think they would even have eaten the wood trimming if it had been nice soft cedar.

Reactions: p.mitchell

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik