Range Extensions

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there anything other than a windsurfer to extend my range without opening the controller or voiding the warranty. I already have the skytreat windsurfer but is there something better i could use? I am using the p3s and get about 2300 feet of range

How much better range do you get with it?

Range depends on a lot of factors. The area you are flying in is the biggest deal. Fly in a crowded neighborhood with lots and lots of houses (and lots and lots of WiFi) and you'll be lucky to get 1500 feet. Now take the same exact set-up and go out to a farm and you could see as much as 10,000 feet with no mods at all.

Best I can say is just go ahead and try Magic Power. It's free and you have nothing to lose. And like I said..... "revert to stock" if it doesn't work out for you.

Reactions: Bozz
Range depends on a lot of factors. The area you are flying in is the biggest deal. Fly in a crowded neighborhood with lots and lots of houses (and lots and lots of WiFi) and you'll be lucky to get 1500 feet. Now take the same exact set-up and go out to a farm and you could see as much as 10,000 feet with no mods at all.

Best I can say is just go ahead and try Magic Power. It's free and you have nothing to lose. And like I said..... "revert to stock" if it doesn't work out for you.
Does it work with the latest firmware I got the drone Thursday?

And are there any antennas you could attach to your existing one without opening the controller and taking the old one off.

Any antennas other than the one that comes with the controller will have to be rewired from inside, so you will have to open up the controller. Like it's been said before, no other range mods without opening the controller

Isn't it at 27 already in the USA?

Yes, but Magic Power does other things besides boost the power. Something to do with the way it reconnects.

It's free.... just try it. If you don't like it, or it doesn't do anything..... remove it. It's that simple. :)

Last edited:
going to have a look into magic power now :) does anyone have any recommendations for a good windsurfer?

With both MP and a Windsurfer do you keep video feed when flying 'longer' distances?

Thanks in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj