Random GPS Failure causes panic and crash

AmazingRando said:
Best thing I ever learned if your aircraft is off in the distance, you have some sort of directional control (no GPS necessary) but have no idea what direction it's facing...

Press your right stick up to make it go forward no matter what direction it's in. If it flies to the right start pressing your left stick to the right and she'll slowly stop drifting that direction while she turns... Keep pressing the right stick forward and she's heading back to you. Same thing if you press forward and it heads to the left. Bend your left stick to the left and she'll aim her head back in your direction.

Practice this a lot! Great way to save your bird in ATTI mode or with GPS loss if you still have control. I know this may seem trivial to a veteran, but this has been invaluable to me.

I wish there were a LIKE button here, this would get it from me! GREAT advice.... gonna write this one down on my cheat card hanging from controller.....

BlackTracer said:
IrishSights said:
But it will pull it back to you if you purely loose orrientation.
Just want to clarify, it will only pull it back if you have sat lock and are in gps mode.

Agreed, that statement was false. I just went out to prove it to myself; lost gps and neither mid (IOS) or bottom (HL) S2 worked as advertised. ALL we have when we loose GPS is ATTI as programmed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20