Ram for processing 4k

Hi Rob,
I am chasing an SSD for my computer. Should I get a usb 3 or thunderbolt connection?
Terry

iMac 27" late 2013

iMac 14.2

I have thunderbolt slots. And, I can change my order and get an SSD to use thunderbolt connection.

I bought an enclosed SSD with USB3 connection at a price I could afford. I plan to use it to run Adobe Premier Pro and process 4k video. Won't that make an improvement? Hope I don't have any regrets.

Premier makes use of Proxies so the actual editing will be relatively fast, but rendering will take a while.
Gosh, that's over my head. Did I make the right purchase?

No, Premier is a great program. 4K video is hard on computers and some programs can generate a "proxie" which is at a lower resolution, so you can do all of your editing much faster. When you render the file to final output is renders in the codec you have chosen (4k, 1080P or whatever) it uses the 4K files to generate your rendered file.

No, Premier is a great program. 4K video is hard on computers and some programs can generate a "proxie" which is at a lower resolution, so you can do all of your editing much faster. When you render the file to final output is renders in the codec you have chosen (4k, 1080P or whatever) it uses the 4K files to generate your rendered file.
Thank you so much for your help.
Terry

Rendering as to saving the file. I assumed that I could save on the SSD.
Terry Evans

When in Premier (and most other NLE's) you save a file that is all of your edit commands, when you want a file that is a video file that contains all of your edits you "render" it to a file that shows all of the things you did to it (color correction, titles, music, voice overs, ect.) as a final video. Hopes this makes sense. You want your original files on a different drive than the one you "render" to.

When in Premier (and most other NLE's) you save a file that is all of your edit commands, when you want a file that is a video file that contains all of your edits you "render" it to a file that shows all of the things you did to it (color correction, titles, music, voice overs, ect.) as a final video. Hopes this makes sense. You want your original files on a different drive than the one you "render" to.
YES this:rolleyes: Like North says, You want your original files on a different drive than the one you "render" to. This will greatly increase rendering speed.

I thought I save everything on the SSD.
Terry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik