Rain Damaged P3A w/ Pro Camera?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My apologies if this is not the correct subforum for this topic.

Anyways, last night I was packing my bags into the back seat of my car, and set my P3A on top.

Of course, I was stupid and was excited to get home, so I forgot I left it there. After 2-3 minutes of driving in medium rain (not drizzling, not torrential) it fell off the car about 5 feet to the pavement.

I immediately got out of the car after realizing what I had done. Thankfully no one had ran it over, but now it had been about 3-4 minutes. The battery had popped out onto the pavement and the camera cover had came off.

I brought the drone home and inspected it for physical damage, of which I didn't see any besides a few scratches to the outer plastic casing. I wanted to check it for water inside the drone (since the warranty is expired anyways), so I tried unscrewing the casing. I ended up failing, unable to unscrew the screws closest to the landing gear.

I let it dry overnight sitting on top of a pile of clothes upside down. The battery dried within 20 minutes, but I know water could've gotten inside and caused corrosion.

So, here's the big question. Do I power it on with the other battery to make sure the drone itself works, and then try the battery that was rained on, or do I dispose of the rainy battery? Do I take the drone in to get it checked out somewhere?

Basically, I have no idea what to do from here on out. No, I dont have a giant tub of rice I can dunk it in haha.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl