Rain Bringing Down Matrice 200

UK police saying rain is knocking their Matrices 200 out of the sky like Humpty Dumpty.
Where is Phantomrain.org on this?

LOL your killing me, We did make our presence known in regards to making the Wet Suits for the Matrice 200 series of drones, however most People seemed to believe that these specific drones were in fact already capable of flying in the Rain so there was very little interest. It seems the same rules always apply you must protect those batteries and this might Inspire me to start making Wet Suits for these advanced units.

16 of these units dropped from the sky

" The Civil Aviation Authority released a warning about DJI’s Matrice 200 series after a battery fault in 2018 caused some to stop working in mid-air. "

Technical Failure was the most likely the main reason as stated above and add to that aging batteries , but I doubt rain was part of the main equation despite the
1 incident they magnified in the rain.

Screenshot 01-21-2020 23.17.47.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in and out of the Storm.
;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 01-21-2020 23.15.50.png
    Screenshot 01-21-2020 23.15.50.png
    439.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Just yesterday I read a new warning notice from the UK CAA on the subject of precipitation, not just rain, bring down drones. The CAA referred to a recent surge in the number of reported incidents but did not specifically refer to police drones as far as I can recall.
I think that most pilots would understand that flying their UAV in rain, fog etc is not a good idea but the CAA notice forced everyone to focus on the safety aspect of sudden unexpected loss of control.

I have always landed immediately after the first spots of rain have fallen. However, I once tried to get some film of a bank of fog as it rolled across open cliff top fields towards an old mansion house like a moving 20M curtain. When I brought the P4 back I was very surprised by the amount of condensation on it. That was a useful lesson for me.

Reactions: SkyFly
My speculation is that it's a FW issue and not moisture. For whatever reason the UK M200's have a different FW than US and we have seen several failures from our Public Safety buddies over in the UK with absolutely no moisture/rain/precip issues. I'm convinced it is a coincidence that moisture was involved in a few of them and they are jumping to the wrong conclusion here.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.