quickly mount your monitor on your controller

I didn't look at the pictures closely. I was thinking he permanently attached that piece to the back of the monitor. Didn't see the Velcro.

Either way, my Rave Aerial mount works just fine (and I don't have the GoPro box anymore hehe).

lake_flyer you're the man.

I have assembled this little lot (and tossed my overpriced shapeway ski-slope mount into the bin along the way). I am really impressed with it, not only does the the monitor now have an adjustable viewing angle, because it is quite a lot closer to my eyes I can probably get away without using glasses slid down my nose just for monitor use. The other great thing is that it all fits perfectly in my backpack.

Oh, and I nearly forgot.... the main reason I am in this thread, a LOT quicker to mount and unmount using the tripod screw.

Thanks again.

I really enjoy it that you can use this idea! I use it to quickly interchange my DVR/diversity screen between my FC40 and P2 remotes. I too bought a overpriced metal thingy to attach to the lanyard eye and the screen but it sucks totally and I tossed it away (even felt sorry for the trash can). This works better than anything else I can think of, including the huge carbon 'racks' with tons of screws. Oh right, and the tripos screw always tend to unscrew after a while. With the gopro mounts the screen is firmly held in position and it still vertically adjustable.

lake_flyer said:
I really enjoy it that you can use this idea! I use it to quickly interchange my DVR/diversity screen between my FC40 and P2 remotes. I too bought a overpriced metal thingy to attach to the lanyard eye and the screen but it sucks totally and I tossed it away (even felt sorry for the trash can). This works better than anything else I can think of, including the huge carbon 'racks' with tons of screws. Oh right, and the tripos screw always tend to unscrew after a while. With the gopro mounts the screen is firmly held in position and it still vertically adjustable.

I may post a picture if I get a chance :)

Replaced my Rave Aerial monitor mount with this one from Shapeways today. I like it for three reasons:

1) it's smaller
2) faster to attach/detach with the GoPro style mount
3) adjustable for optimal viewing angle

PsD0LLd.jpg

WpVSpRo.jpg

dptcalvin said:
Replaced my Rave Aerial monitor mount with this one from Shapeways today. I like it for three reasons:

1) it's smaller
2) faster to attach/detach with the GoPro style mount
3) adjustable for optimal viewing angle

PsD0LLd.jpg

WpVSpRo.jpg
Very nice. Those tripod screws were a pain in the backside.

Hughie said:
lake_flyer said:

I may post a picture if I get a chance :)

Here's one, amongst the clutter:

The "Lake Flyer" (fast release) mount.

Attachments

• GOPR0297.jpg
    GOPR0297.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 424

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members