Quick question on Naza mode

Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick question on the Naza mode before I jump in and switch to this mode in the near future.

After the P2V+ has been set to Naza mode from the Assistant SW do the normal monitoring features still work on the Phone app. I'm particularly thinking of the Number of locked Sats, Battery status etc ?

I know the LED sequences are different / more complicated in this mode, as originally there was no phone app for the older platforms so number of Sats etc needed to be communicated via the LEDS.

Many thanks

Phone display does not change. Same indications.

I changed mine and have enjoyed the added benefit of IOC. Be sure to set the lower position of S1 to Safe not Manual. Remember you must enable IOC as well if you plan on using it.

Have fun!

Going to disagree, I think the bottom position should be manual. When all else fails, manual is your friend.

Lower position should be ATTI or Failsafe initially.
The risk of thing going wrong if people accidentally puts it in manual is too large. Start with one of the others, and switch to manual later.
The only good way to enter failsafe is the switch. Powering off the transmitter, and you will regain control again. Using the switch, and you can use ATTI when it gets close enough to handle.

Many thanks for your responses on this guys, much appreciated.

I plucked up the courage to put it in Naza mode this evening and carefully set-up all the options and fail safes via the Assistant Software. I elected for GPS, Atti and Failsafe on S1. Manual is much further down the line for me.

The only thing that was unclear for a while was the Motor cut-out option. In the Naza-m manual that I read it suggested you could choose between "Immediately" mode (default) and "Intelligent" mode. I never found a tab or option to change this in the Assistant, but eventually on the main "Advanced" screen I could see that the Motor Cut-out was in fact set to "Intelligent" without me actually doing anything. I just didn't want to have the motors cut out on me simply by holding the stick below 10% for a few seconds !

I then did a basic IMU cal, not sure whether I needed to or not, but thought it best. I stopped short of doing the Advanced cal though as wasn't really sure of what added value that would bring ?

So I ventured out into the garden and did all the pre-flight checks and the normal compass cal. I then tried to familiarize myself with the Naza LED sequences (a bit confusing in the manual to be honest) but I soon got the single flashing Green indicator on the Rear LEDS and the phone app confirmed I had 10 sats locked in.

I then flew out and tried the RTH, Course lock and Home lock features and all seemed good.

So hopefully now I'm another happy user of the Naza mode. Certainly makes you feel like you have that little bit more control should you need it in an emergency or for more subtle effects while taking videos and stills.

Cheers,
GhostFlyerUK

kgarrison said:
Going to disagree, I think the bottom position should be manual. When all else fails, manual is your friend.

Both is right and I can see the pros and cons..

Problem is that all S2 options are GPS related when you set to failsafe and we know that flyaways are most likely GPS related.
Toggle 1 = GPS that locks height and coordination.
Toggle 2 = GPS Atti(tude) locks height
Toggle 3 = GPS Failsafe (RTH).
They need a fourth override switch for emergency manual.

Manual is great if the fly away occurs > crash landing is much better than losing the craft.
You need training as hovering is skill in itself. I have flown manual with the toys and on simulators and crashed often. Just the learn basic hovering so it can get you out trouble.

Worst scenario is accidently switching during flight. It only takes seconds for it to tilt and drop. I have a gps tracker attached at the back of mine and it causes it to bank backwards immediately. Make sure you have full control before flipping the manual mode.

If you accidently left it on manual at take off, it will throttle up immediately but wont take off and it just rotortilts on its back and you'll bend some rotors.

I know the Fail safe is in the Transmitter as the on/off, but I'm fearful to turn it off during flight. Fearful it may not rebind when I switch it back on when I want to regain control.

So I think best for Failsafe, then when ready, practice manual with prop guards and an open field.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl