Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Quick Backpack Review

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by AlmostTan, Aug 7, 2015.

1. AlmostTan

Hey everyone,

So I picked up this Action Xtras Backpack:
    http://www.amazon.com/Action-Xtras-DJI-Phantom-Backpack/dp/B00L5BWF2Y

Full disclosure: I have zero affiliation with them. Just a pilot that needed a bag.

Backpack was actually designed for the P2 which is why you can grab it at a great steal: $125 which IMHO is great for the quality that it is and protection it offers, especially when looking at the $300+ competition.

For the P3 to fit it does require a slight modification: tearing out a small orange logo strip inside and some foam beneath it. I did it in 2 minutes with my fingernails, and it's so deep you would never know. You have to do this because the landing gear is wider. There is also a chest strap and a lower body strap to offset the weight with everything loaded; the chest strap which is optional to use sits a little too high for my comfort but I just don't use it and the backpack still feels comfortable. Lots of back padding and cushy straps.

There are lots of compartments everywhere for everything and I find myself not wanting for any more space. My only complaint is since the P3 is also a little taller, the P3 does stick up a little bit from the top of the foam. However, this isn't one of the bags where the motors are pointed at your back - they're pointed away, and the foam on the top closure is actually quite thick and I feel safe with it on. If you wanted to you could probably carve out more foam in the bottom to make it sit lower but as I mentioned, I feel quite protected as is.

Definitely a little bulky - you get comments and questions wearing it, but my P3 feels safe and much more portable. Fits within most airlines carry-on bag size requirements.

LMK if you have any questions!

[​IMG]

2. BenDronePilot

Meh, where are you getting $300+ competition? Even the most expensive backpack options are not close to that. Anyway GoProfessional backpack standard edition specifically made for the p3 is a much nicer option and $189 and can be used as carry on.

3. AlmostTan

I guess I was thinking about the official DJI softshell packpack when I said $300.