Question Stop&Turn bug? ...and more

Reaction score
I cant find out if there is a bug in stop&turn function. I would like to program the shot angle for taking stills but it it did not behave as I thought. I want routes with several shooting points.
If for example I put 90 degrees for 5 seconds my hope were it should stay in that direction in 5 seconds.. but usually it just stop and pass the point without making any direction changes.. or it point in wrong directions.. sometimes it doing right though.. is it a bug?
Beyond that I have the common problem with signal lost.. especially when it is at some hundred m plus away. And seems worse in towns than in country side.
Ipad, phantom 2, Futaba. Stripped away the metal case of GC and put it as deep down inside so the antenna reach out longer and in ca 90 degrees.
The F2 total weight is 1500 g w Nex cam.. and it starting wobbles down with 5 m/s and crash (with minor damage) sometimes when I make auto landings. Propeller wash? Just after ca 10 good soft auto landings. Strange. And even after making it 50 gr lighter. Land manually now.
And think carbon prop are more prone to prop wash !? Any experiences ?

Per Pixel Petersson, Sweden

perpixel said:
I cant find out if there is a bug in stop&turn function. I would like to program the shot angle for taking stills but it it did not behave as I thought. I want routes with several shooting points.
If for example I put 90 degrees for 5 seconds my hope were it should stay in that direction in 5 seconds.. but usually it just stop and pass the point without making any direction changes.. or it point in wrong directions.. sometimes it doing right though.. is it a bug?
Beyond that I have the common problem with signal lost.. especially when it is at some hundred m plus away. And seems worse in towns than in country side.
Ipad, phantom 2, Futaba. Stripped away the metal case of GC and put it as deep down inside so the antenna reach out longer and in ca 90 degrees.
The F2 total weight is 1500 g w Nex cam.. and it starting wobbles down with 5 m/s and crash (with minor damage) sometimes when I make auto landings. Propeller wash? Just after ca 10 good soft auto landings. Strange. And even after making it 50 gr lighter. Land manually now.
And think carbon prop are more prone to prop wash !? Any experiences ?

Per Pixel Petersson, Sweden

Carbon props on a Phantom are a bad crash just waiting to happen. Get rid of them before you cause a serious crash and wreck your gimbal or worse. The Phantom just does not need any other prop than what it comes with. I've tried several different types and all you get is a bird that is very jumpy and unpredictable. Carbon props are junk, they are almost always produced to the cheapest possible quality and are almost never balanced. This means that the Phantom is always trying to compensate for unbalanced props which will cause it to behave unpredictably and is almost certainly what causes your bird to hit the ground hard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl