Question on HDR pano workflow

Reaction score
Hey all - been doing HDR photos with my P3Ps/P4A for a while now. Had fun fooling around with some panos and would like to do it seriously. I've found some tutorials for HDR panos but they seem to deal with AEB rather than using RAW/DNG, which just seems like the no-brainer way to do this.

BTW, I'm using Paintshop Pro, which I find exceedingly capable, and I don't have to pay every month. When I'm editing a normal HDR photo, I typically do an HDR merge from a single photo; I set the low expose for three stops down, the high exposure for three stops up, and it merges them into a really nicely balanced photo pretty much every time.

Also, I've been using MS ICE to stitch, but I get that's only going work for JPEGs. I'm prepared to purchase PTGUI Pro, which I've read does HDR panos. But, I do have questions about the workflow.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to assemble the pano, then edit the *entire* thing at once in PSP, like doing the HDR merge. But I'm having trouble figuring out the workflow; if I had PTGUI Pro, could I assemble the pano from RAWs and export the entire thing as a TIFF, which I've read preserves image data the same way, but I don't believe my software will do an HDR merge from a TIFF - just RAW.

So - would you all be kind enough to share your HDR pano workflows? Many thanks!!

DJI_0090-HDR-Pano.jpg

This photo i've maded today.
I shoot ONLY Raw, using triple shot from p3p, than Adobe lightroom.
Phantom camera make three shots with different exposures himself.
Than i have to merge in HDR, and then merge pano. postproduction after. Here is result.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl