Question for the apple users?

Reaction score
I can save the image files from the P4P directly to my iPhone, but it won't let me save the videos. If I download the videos to my MacBook, How can I get them sent to my iPhone?

I've tried the AirDrop option, but it doesn't show up even though it finishes the send. I can send photos and regular video fine, the 4K video from the P4P won't go through.

If I send it through iMessage, it dumbs down the video quality.

I sent 2 videos yesterday. It took a few tries, but they eventually went through and stayed as 4K video.

I can go through iTunes, but I would like it to show up under the camera roll folder, not the custom one that you create by sending stuff through iTunes.

It's a MacBook Pro mid 2015 model and an iPhone 7+

Vic

Connect your phone to your mac. Open iTunes (if it doesn't do it automatically).

Click on the phone icon within iTunes.
You should see, on the left, the name of your phone and then a kind of list of everything that is on your phone.
Find photos and click on it

In the window to the right of the column click on the sync photos button and then , in the first rectangle make sure it says 'copy photos from Photos'

In the second rectangle click what you want, but make sure you also click on 'include videos'.

Under albums I had an album that I created previously within iPhoto that I simple called 'drone', so I simply clicked on that.

Click on sync or apply in the bottom right and when it is done you should have your drone videos on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: VP6799
Connect your phone to your mac. Open iTunes (if it doesn't do it automatically).

Click on the phone icon within iTunes.
You should see, on the left, the name of your phone and then a kind of list of everything that is on your phone.
Find photos and click on it

In the window to the right of the column click on the sync photos button and then , in the first rectangle make sure it says 'copy photos from Photos'

In the second rectangle click what you want, but make sure you also click on 'include videos'.

Under albums I had an album that I created previously within iPhoto that I simple called 'drone', so I simply clicked on that.

Click on sync or apply in the bottom right and when it is done you should have your drone videos on your phone.

I don't have those options. Mine just says iCloud Photo is on

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 11.18.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 11.18.26 PM.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 260
I just figured it out without having to mess with the iCloud settings.

1: Open up the photos app on the MacBook

2: In the left side menu under Albums, click "ALL PHOTOS" and all of your photos will show up on the right side of the screen.

3: Scroll to the bottom and drag and drop your videos at the end.

4: in a few minutes, they will sync themselves with everything that's connected to your iCloud account.

Reactions: 2knee
Well, there is always a catch isn't there?! Assuming you are not happy with the video you can grab from the iCloud?

I suppose you could click on summary (I think that is where you can unclick the iCloud choice and try to connect.

I will admit to being New at this as well (drones) and I'm still learning the DJI go app. You can view the videos on the app, (but I'm guessing you are using your iPad, not your phone though) and there appears to be a way to kind of import from the app to iPhoto on that device.

Reactions: VP6799
Well, there is always a catch isn't there?! Assuming you are not happy with the video you can grab from the iCloud?

I suppose you could click on summary (I think that is where you can unclick the iCloud choice and try to connect.

I will admit to being New at this as well (drones) and I'm still learning the DJI go app. You can view the videos on the app, (but I'm guessing you are using your iPad, not your phone though) and there appears to be a way to kind of import from the app to iPhoto on that device.

I'm using my iPhone and the DJI GO4 app to fly the P4P. Once the flight is over and "before" i shut the bird off, I can go into the gallery within the DJI app and it'll let me save the photos directly to the iPhones camera roll, but not the videos. It says that you have to go through a computer to do the videos.

I can view the videos through the DJI app if the bird is on and connected to the app only. That's why I was trying to get the videos onto the phone.

Transferring it like I did above kept the high quality videos.

Tranfser them using Dropbox or iCloud Drive.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z