Question concerning Intelligent Battery for Phantom 4 Pro.

Reaction score
I have 5 batteries. One battery in particular is giving me problems. I charge the battery to 100% in a DJI tray charger along with the others as needed. When I place this battery in the quad the very first indication of problems is that the screen states "MOTOR OVERLOAD WILL NOT TAKE OFF". I look at the battery indications and it states the battery is 100% charged but voltage reading is .1 %. Point one percent of voltage.

I place any of the other 4 batteries in the quad and it works as designed...each showing somewhere around 17 something volts and flies well.

I researched and DJI said to drain the battery, charge it again, and see if it does it again. It does. I have been going back and forth with "DJI Support" as to sending this screen shot, have I done this...yada yada yada....

Has anyone experienced this and if so what, if any, was the solution. Battery price is steep enough for me and I only had it for like 4 months now with only 5 charging cycles on it.

Seems like I am beating my head against a break wall with DJI

thanks

I have never had this problem,but beware dodgy batteries, they are one of a few fatal failures that will bring the ac down, which is I suppose why DJI have put intelligent protection into the design.
4 months old and 5 charge cycles should be some kind of guarantee. If the battery is intelligent, you cannot have abused it, so the supplier should replace it. The charge cycles are easy to check or prove, as is the purchase date.

Reactions: N017RW
Thanks. After a few weeks of emails, screen shots, and attempts they (DJI) sent me a UPS prepaid label to send the battery back.. "news at 11" to see what outcome will be

Reactions: loonie01
Update to all. I received the replacement battery today. All is well. Thanks to all for the info. All though it was not "quick" I do appreciate DJI response and help

Reactions: loonie01

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik