Question about manual mode

So getting back to the point of this thread. I'm not really interested in going manual now or in the near future. I'm just curious how it all works. Aside from all the personal mudslinging and insults on this thread, I did actually learn something. Thnk you to those who gave their valuable insight.

disjecta said:
So getting back to the point of this thread. I'm not really interested in going manual now or in the near future. I'm just curious how it all works. Aside from all the personal mudslinging and insults on this thread, I did actually learn something. Thnk you to those who gave their valuable insight.

I am sorry for what happened on your thread. We witnessed a meltdown from nowhere and our multi-reincarnated troll likes to pop in and add his own brand of humor. He prefers conflict areas.

I don't know if it is the budget but a good way to learn about manual mode is to

1) get a simulator (HELI-X is a good one). Humble is what it makes you ($80 plus a controller if you have a reasonably fast PC)
2) get a small quad for indoors and fly it in expert mode. Humble is what it makes you ($60 but you'll end up buying props and other gear to put back on it - figure $100)

- but you won't be crashing a 1200 dollar gem. ATTI mode is about as brave as I can be right now.

I think there must have been a misread somewhere, I'm not seeing the bullet or the smoking gun... Happens to the best of us in perception of what's written as opposed to what's meant, all the time... Dudes, please stow your flintlocks and return to the table, you're both brilliant and deeply needed here. Countless posts demonstrate you both have a keen sense for the not-so-obvious when it comes to problem analysis & solutions, I say again... You're both needed here.

drone-pilot said:
...WHAT???? You're a complete flaming.... Who the... You're just a... F... YOU, you... f... stupid, a.... Anyone who as actually read this dip s... posts and can take him seriously deserves the results of that. He's a f... total flaming a... Period...
Irregardless whether your rant had any merit or not, this type of response is deafeningly inappropriate and is of no productive value. You have a right to feel pissed, you have a right to disagree, but try keeping it a bit more civil. That's why the Queen's English and its sub-Colonial variations have become the defacto standard in global communications. (Pull_Up I need you!)

Either help, or don't help, take the rest outside or bludgeon your opponent with PM's if you must.

With apologies to Mr. disjecta,

iDrone (the Very)

iDrone said:
I think there must have been a misread somewhere, I'm not seeing the bullet or the smoking gun... Happens to the best of us in perception of what's written as opposed to what's meant, all the time... Dudes, please stow your flintlocks and return to the table, you're both brilliant and deeply needed here. Countless posts demonstrate you both have a keen sense for the not-so-obvious when it comes to problem analysis & solutions, I say again... You're both needed here.

drone-pilot said:
...WHAT???? You're a complete flaming.... Who the... You're just a... F... YOU, you... f... stupid, a.... Anyone who as actually read this dip s... posts and can take him seriously deserves the results of that. He's a f... total flaming a... Period...
Irregardless whether your rant had any merit or not, this type of response is deafeningly inappropriate and is of no productive value. You have a right to feel pissed, you have a right to disagree, but try keeping it a bit more civil. That's why the Queen's English and its sub-Colonial variations have become the defacto standard in global communications. (Pull_Up I need you!)

Either help, or don't help, take the rest outside or bludgeon your opponent with PM's if you must.

iDrone (the Very)

Well said / +1 / Hear Hear etc
I also second the post about getting an indoor quad, a hubsan 107 in expert is quite a handful

Things are really going downhill, aren't they? And our friend Madness (and all other incarnations) are just absolutely loving it, dancing naked around the flames. Nevermind...

Regarding micro quads - yes, I totally agree. I flew a little Hubsan X4 around the house (and garden if little wind) for a year and a half before getting a Vision. As was said, waaaaay harder to fly! You have to be hands on at all times. They drift with their prop wash, with a light breeze, just because they feel like it. You need to constantly work to hold them in place.

Where they might prove extra useful in the training sense for the Vision is in getting to learn how the control operate when you are in any orientation other than nose pointing away from you. If you can master nose-in, or nose-side hovering and figure of eights on a micro quad then it will really help if you need to fly the Vision without reference to the video stream view on your phone - for example if you are trying to film something that is fleeting, you might need to reposition your camera (i.e. the aircraft!) quickly. Being able to instinctively know to haul the stick left to make it go right when it's pointing towards you will get you where you want to be a bit quicker. All that aside, the micro quads are great fun, and can fly in all weathers - in your house!

I've never tried a sim, so can't comment on those from a flying point of view, but they have the fantastic "reset" button that I think we all wish our Vision had for real at some point. :D

iDrone said:

iDrone (the Very)

Hey iDrone. Just a friendly ball busting here...

http://youtu.be/PKP_pZ3WgnM

Haha. Sorry that was the best video quality I could find of that clip.

But seriously, I agree with you. MadnessFPV needs to get booted.

Nvr2fast you did come across as a little condescending whether or not you meant it. Let's all try to move on and have some fun flying.

I think half the members of this forum are afraid to post videos and pictures for fear of being criticized.

Scottrod said:
Noted. A North American colloquialism I picked up from/like "yesteryear". Further evidence we Colonials really know how to subvert the English language, and to that end I also celebrate National Pirate Speak Day every September here in the Colonies.

iDrone (the Very)

iDrone said:
Scottrod said:
Noted. A North American colloquialism I picked up from/like "yesteryear". Further evidence we Colonials really know how to subvert the English language, and to that end I also celebrate National Pirate Speak Day every September here in the Colonies.

iDrone (the Very)

I use irregardless too on occasion I just thought it was funny because it reminded me of that clip.

Nvr2fst said:
If you want my opinion, never use IOC.
I find IOC to be very usefull when the Phantom is far enough away that I have trouble determining the orientation. In that situation, I switch to Home lock and pull back on the stick until I can see it clearly and then switch back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.