Question about Litchi and DJI warranty

Reaction score
I was curious if using litchi would void the manufacturer warranty on my P4P. I purchased litchi 3 months ago but have yet to use it. No reason to really as dji go 4 has treated me great. I want to see what all the litchi fuss is about but do not want to void my warranty. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Regarding potential warranty problems and Litchi, yes and no. Sometimes it's not considered an issue but OTOH there are many accounts of people having their warranty and/or DJI Care claim denied based on DJI's opinion that a 3rd-party app was involved in the problem. DJI is judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to determining these things so you are taking a chance if the person who is reviewing your case feels that a 3rd party app contributed to the incident... and there is no arbitration or whining or debating after that point, as many have learned their decision is final. I'm not saying this is a universal response, but it definitely can happen. It doesn't stop me from using Litchi, etc., but if you have a crash and intend it to be covered by warranty or DJI Care let's just say I wouldn't exactly broadcast the fact that you were using a 3rd party app at the time (although DJI will probably be able to tell from the logs.)

Last edited:
DJI reps have posted multiple times in multiple forums that 3rd party apps based on DJI's SDK (as in Litichi) will not void your warranty. If that was an issue for DJI, they would have never released the SDK

DJI reps have posted multiple times in multiple forums that 3rd party apps based on DJI's SDK (as in Litichi) will not void your warranty. If that was an issue for DJI, they would have never released the SDK
Can you provide a link to any one of the many posts from DJI reps stating that 3rd party apps will not affect your warranty? I'd like to keep it on file, just in case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl