Question about Dual Inspire Remotes with P3

Reaction score
I know that Dual Inspire 1 remotes (master & slave) have been successfully tested with the P3. It's confirmed that the 2nd (slave) controller can control the camera pitch.

My question: Can the 2nd remote also control yaw (of the craft; while the craft is in IOC mode) or does it only control the pitch.

If there's anyone in austin or houston with a P3 that wouldn't mind testing, I've got a few Inspire 1 remotes we can pair.

I know that Dual Inspire 1 remotes (master & slave) have been successfully tested with the P3. It's confirmed that the 2nd (slave) controller can control the camera pitch.

My question: Can the 2nd remote also control yaw (of the craft; while the craft is in IOC mode) or does it only control the pitch.

If there's anyone in austin or houston with a P3 that wouldn't mind testing, I've got a few Inspire 1 remotes we can pair.

Being that the yaw is limited mechanically, I don't see how it will matter in the end. It's range of movement is 90° roughly, then you have the landing gear to deal with of course.

Without full control over the yaw, the camera operator might as well leave the yaw control up to the pilot, otherwise they will probably end up fighting one another as they try to compose the shot.

Last edited:
Being that the yaw is limited mechanically, I don't see how it will matter in the end. It's range of movement is 90° roughly, then you have the landing gear to deal with of course.

Without full control over the yaw, the camera operator might as well leave the yaw control up to the pilot, otherwise they will probably end up fighting one another as they try to compose the shot.

I'm only referring to yaw control while in IOC mode, so the pilot won't actually be using yaw at all (not trying to yaw the camera/gimble.) In IOC mode the pilot will be able to fully control the p3 with only the right stick. The goal is to be able to give complete camera control to a 2nd user while I pilot.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers