Question about drones..

Nowadays, losing a drone is "Normal". that's why lots of companies are making gps trackers so that consumers won't have to worry on the money they spend.

If losing a drone was "normal", there would be very few pilots on this site flying on a regular basis. Although there are, and will continue to be, reports of "lost" drones, losing a drone is far from the "norm". Losing a drone is unfortunate, but anyone who "loses" one is still in the minority. Far more drone crashes than "lost" drones, and the overwhelming majority of both of those events are attributed to pilot error/misjudgement.

If losing a drone was "normal", there would be very few pilots on this site flying on a regular basis. Although there are, and will continue to be, reports of "lost" drones, losing a drone is far from the "norm". Losing a drone is unfortunate, but anyone who "loses" one is still in the minority. Far more drone crashes than "lost" drones, and the overwhelming majority of both of those events are attributed to pilot error/misjudgement.
Surprisingly, pilot errors not the main cause of drone crashes nor lost drones, it’s more likely that technical errors with the drone itself will cause a crash, compared to human error.

Surprisingly, pilot errors not the main cause of drone crashes nor lost drones, it’s more likely that technical errors with the drone itself will cause a crash, compared to human error.

Based on the number of posts that I've read on this site involving crashes or incidents involving a drone, sorry, I can't agree with you on that. Maybe we should open this up for a vote....

Are you taking about DJI phantoms? You may be surprised to learn you are wrong- the evidence does not support your claim here. These toys are very reliable.

LOL

Based on your comment, I have to assume that you don't actually own or fly any of the Phantom models.

Most of the time, any "technical" errors that occur, happen when one flies too far, between sources of interference, in adverse weather, etc (all pilot errors). So I guess we could kinda say it's both, but we all know who's the culprit.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
BillyBoot,
Something I would add to all of the good advice given so far is to ask yourself what do you want the drone for? Once you determine your needs then it is easier to pick the drone that is right for you. DJI has drones that cover all levels of needs from basic to advanced video and photography and from portable to large drones.

For me, I love photography as a hobby and wanted to try out aerial photography. I started with a Syma X8G since I did not want to spend hundreds of $$$ and find out it wasn't for me. The Syma was the same size as a phantom and was an excellent choice to learn on. It taught me how to fly (without GPS and all the auto features on today's DJI drones). I had many crashes (it still flies!) but I learned how to orient the drone and control it, all for a fraction of the cost of an entry level DJI drone. I now have a Phantom 3 Standard and a Spark. Both have their pluses and minuses. Being into photography, I am blown away at the quality of the images I can get from both. I haven't purchased a more advanced drone (P4P) yet mainly because I don't feel ready yet to put up in the air a whole pay cheque and crash or loose it and be out lots of $$$$.

Enjoy your Bugs 3, learn how to fly it, take your time and get confident with it before you take the plunge into a more advanced DJI drone.

Good luck with your choice.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez