Quality of MOV files compared to mp4 .264?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how the quality of MOV files compares to the quality of mp4 .264 files, because even though I have a windows PC, I have the ability to work with and play MOV files with Davinci Resolve and VLC media player respectively. Would I benefit from shooting in MOV instead of mp4 .264? Thank you in advance.

I'm just wondering how the quality of MOV files compares to the quality of mp4 .264 files, because even though I have a windows PC, I have the ability to work with and play MOV files with Davinci Resolve and VLC media player respectively. Would I benefit from shooting in MOV instead of mp4 .264? Thank you in advance.
I have noticed that mp4 seems to have slightly more blocky artifacts. Hardly noticeable, but I see it. I shoot mov on my DSLR and drone because it's the best quality and it keeps all my video the same format. Even though I'm an avid pc user, I love the quality of mov over mp4. Just my 2¢.

-Weston Ney

Reactions: Ripper7620
I have noticed that mp4 seems to have slightly more blocky artifacts. Hardly noticeable, but I see it. I shoot mov on my DSLR and drone because it's the best quality and it keeps all my video the same format. Even though I'm an avid pc user, I love the quality of mov over mp4.
Whether you shoot mov or mp4 should make no difference to the video quality.
It's just a wrapper and what's inside is the same.

Reactions: Ripper7620 and Loz
I have noticed that mp4 seems to have slightly more blocky artifacts. Hardly noticeable, but I see it. I shoot mov on my DSLR and drone because it's the best quality and it keeps all my video the same format. Even though I'm an avid pc user, I love the quality of mov over mp4. Just my 2¢.

-Weston Ney

Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl