Quadcopter over Blue Lagoon possible?

Reaction score
I'm going to Iceland. Never been before. I've seen Phantom photos of the Blue Lagoon but only very few, and I'm not sure how easy it is to fly over the lagoon. Would it be OK if I fly high enough up? Would you advise against it?

Also, does anyone think there would be any issues bringing a quadcopter to Iceland from the UK? I've traveled with it before as hand luggage, but I'm not sure about Iceland as a country...

There´s a clip from Island in this forum, search for it and ask the guy who made it for some info about bringing a Phantom to Island.

I have been to Iceland, and to the Blue Lagoon. First of all the blue lagoon is a private property , and spa resort. I don't think they will appreciate a lot your phantom flying above the heads of the "patients". (it's touristic but there is a kind of paramedical thing attached to it since the mud has some therapeutic properties.) Also, anybody in the lagoon area has to wear a robe over your swim suit. It's a Spa. You cannot access the bathing area in plain clothes. (I did got permission to take pictures but certainly not to launch a drone. You might ask for an official permission maybe. There is a security watch on the lagoon for safety reasons, and also behaviour reasons. they will spot you in seconds.
However, the zone is wide enough to fly over it, show the beauty of it without being too intrusive. if you don't fly across and high enough, it could be ok.
I don't know about any restrictions other than the usual precautions when carrying lipos on an aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl