PV3 Pro camera specs

Reaction score
I have a PV2+ that drops to the ground for no reason and I've never been happy with the quality of still shots in raw. As for the freaky crashes I'm guessing that I got a lemon. At this point I need a reliable quad with a better camera. I'm torn between getting a Solo with GoPro 4 or the new PV3 Pro.
My questions are.

1. Is the new PV3 Pro camera much better for still shots than the PV2+ camera in raw?

2. The new PV3 is built upon the old and improved PV2 and should be more reliable. The Solo is 1st generation and may be subject to inherent flaws. So if the new PV3 Pro cam is better than the old PV2+, is it better than a Hero 4 for still shots?

The P3 Pro or Advanced is better than any gopro as yet for stills.
The .DNG Raws do look a little soft at first but respond well to Lightroom and photoshop.

As for the P3 versus Vision Plus - the only similarity is they fit in the same case.
It is a completely different thing and frankly astonishing the improvements for similar price.
Rock solid range at least twice as far and it's fast too so you can do far more on one battery (just as well as that's all you can have for now ;) )

Reactions: Realtour Pro
The P3 Pro or Advanced is better than any gopro as yet for stills.
The .DNG Raws do look a little soft at first but respond well to Lightroom and photoshop.

As for the P3 versus Vision Plus - the only similarity is they fit in the same case.
It is a completely different thing and frankly astonishing the improvements for similar price.
Rock solid range at least twice as far and it's fast too so you can do far more on one battery (just as well as that's all you can have for now ;) )
Dang 4wd, the Pro is starting to look pretty tempting. When mine was flying it was great other than the black screen and so so still raw photos. From what I have seen the Hero 3 had better images than my PV2+ so hearing that the PV3 Pro stills are better than the Hero 4 is very, very hard to resist. As far as reliability/stability goes, what changes does the Pro offer over the PV2+ and what change do you like best? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic