Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Hel

Dillinger said:
on early post I unserstood, that USB charging IS NOT working. Moverio manual tells anything about it, only AC power charging is sure.
Pretty useless on roadtrip, then.

And no way to share videofeed to someone next to You, for example - put glasses to someones head and fly Yourself vision to give idea what FPV is. Did anyone tried this with Cinemizers? Iphone hdmi and videofeed in glasses should do the trick?

Wifi video feeding is also not an option, two wifi connections are ruling out this? FPV is not still there.
Anker battery packs (i have the 15000 mAh with dual usb connection) certainly provide external power capable of charging the moverios, I use mine all the time.

While its true you can't run the vision app on the glasses AND cast it to another device, as the moverio are lacking the necessary hardware to establish two WiFi links, they can also work as a mirrorcast sink device which means you CAN run the dji app on another device, I use a nexus 5 but any phone tablet with the capable WiFi hardware will work fine, and cast that screen to the moverios which does enable one person to get the nice big floating screen showing live video while someone else can watch on the phone / tablet. There is approx 1/4 second delay on the feed cast to the moverio which is barely noticeable at all.

I use mine as above when doing missions as attempting to enter a mission on the moverio touchpad is a nightmare.

These glasses do have their limitations but let's keep the info on this thread genuine and real instead of based on rumour or assumptions [emoji1]

auen1 said:
A few questions.
Do they work with a P2 non-V?
Not sure how they would work with the none vision as you need to run an android app on the glasses to see a video feed. If your setup has an app that runs under android ICS then no reason why they shouldn't work.

Anyone know, is there an app for the P2-nonV to use these glasses?

Genuine, agreed. But if user manual does not cover about charging options, so neither question answers sections, neither google "charging moverio via usb" etc, then its easy to go off Moverio wishes :) engaged with cinemizers Yesterday, purely about lack of Moverio information and non-usable reviews.
Only advantage was see-through, all other is a bit... Was thinking about use on the sea for running marine maps in frontof view and data, but if android has so many management and rooting problems and no simple navionics app running, (or google maps) then no point for me.

will wait for the future.

And reviews for glasses are always... You know, it depends on personals individuals eyes and expectations and previous experiences and fantasies.

Dillinger said:
Genuine, agreed. But if user manual does not cover about charging options, so neither question answers sections, neither google "charging moverio via usb" etc, then its easy to go off Moverio wishes :) engaged with cinemizers Yesterday, purely about lack of Moverio information and non-usable reviews.
Only advantage was see-through, all other is a bit... Was thinking about use on the sea for running marine maps in frontof view and data, but if android has so many management and rooting problems and no simple navionics app running, (or google maps) then no point for me.

will wait for the future.

And reviews for glasses are always... You know, it depends on personals individuals eyes and expectations and previous experiences and fantasies.
Honestly don't blame you for waiting.

No manual will ever cover every eventuality but some of things you bring up do make the glasses less than ideal. If your eyes don't happen to be the correct distance apart the Rochester Optical do a glasses insert that can correct for that but the moverios really should have been adjustable so the additional expense of lens inserts wasn't needed.

Google maps does work fine, fun to use the walking directions, once you manage to root the glasses and install gapps and a market helper app onto them to 'fake' your device type to allow apps to actually be available for download from the play store. This is something it could take a long time to be resolved by any manufacturer as google don't seem to like the idea of certifying any products of this type, including their own Google Glass [emoji53] .

For me the best upgrade Epson could do would be to make the lens adjustable for eye distance and put in a slightly beefier processor along with an os upgrade for KitKat or lollypop.

Epson is replacing my unit.

The controller would not take a charge, no amount of reset would fix it. They're sending me the replacement, and only after receiving it, do I ship the original back to them. Not too bad. :)

Doono said:
Epson is replacing my unit.

The controller would not take a charge, no amount of reset would fix it. They're sending me the replacement, and only after receiving it, do I ship the original back to them. Not too bad. :)
Excellent. Good to know they have good customer service if the worst should happen [emoji106]

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

All the old .apk files are hosted here if your wanting to get an older one.

I'm using all latest software with mine and not having any issues. I seem to remember reading of others having similar issues with android devices that did not have all the location services enabled but can't seem to use search well today to find it. Might be worth a try though before you download older versions

I've never found the support details for the retail version, luckily never had to, but the developer addition details are here: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/supp ... d=63098780

I assume you tried the usual fix for software issues by clearing cache then uninstall / reinstall so it is a real puzzle.

I've not had any issue with mine, retail version rooted and full gapps install.

Good luck and if you find the cause please let us know in case it happens to anyone else.

I'm interested in a pair of these. Where would be the best place to get them from online, if I wanted the 'R' version. US, UK, JPN?

I purchased mine from Amazon.co.UK and they are R

Cool, thanks. $699 on Amazon USA and 541 GBP on Amazon UK. as I am in Dubai, makes no difference where I get them from geographically so unless anyone knows of any marked difference between those sold in UK and those sold in USA I'll go for Amazon USA. And then hope they arrive here ok !

Sandyballs said:
Cool, thanks. $699 on Amazon USA and 541 GBP on Amazon UK. as I am in Dubai, makes no difference where I get them from geographically so unless anyone knows of any marked difference between those sold in UK and those sold in USA I'll go for Amazon USA. And then hope they arrive here ok !
Quick google search just turned up this: https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... -and-info/

If you specifically want retail version that article suggests USA ships D and UK / Japan ships R. Might be worth an email to seller to request confirmation first.

Cheers Rich, I have done a load of googling and many youtube vids on it but I hadn't seen that link you found. Good point and I will ask the question of the seller.

Ok so Amazon US appear to ship developer version and Amazon UK ship retail.

I am about to take the plunge and order a pair but as I will be getting them shipped overseas, I want to make sure I have all I need in one go. I will be using them with my P2+ and Samsung S5. I assume the DJI app is all I need to load for the Phantom use. What if I want to use it for movies and the S5? Do I need an extra lead to connect or does it come with one, stream wirelessly?

Sandyballs said:
Ok so Amazon US appear to ship developer version and Amazon UK ship retail.

I am about to take the plunge and order a pair but as I will be getting them shipped overseas, I want to make sure I have all I need in one go. I will be using them with my P2+ and Samsung S5. I assume the DJI app is all I need to load for the Phantom use. What if I want to use it for movies and the S5? Do I need an extra lead to connect or does it come with one, stream wirelessly?
It does depend on exactly what you want to do. You won't need any other hardware but on arrival you will not have access to google apps, playstore, YouTube etc as they are not google certified. This is the same as any other non phone tablet android device.

As long as your happy either rooting and installing google apps, or side loading or using Amazon app store you can get most useful apps installed.

I've got mine fully rooted and signed into my google account but even without doing that you can copy movies onto it locally and play them with either built in apps or a third part player, bsplayer is good for multi format support.

They are quite good, once connected, as mirror cast sink device and I can stream off my nexus5 without issue. It sometimes takes a while to actually get them connected buy once done they work well.

Any other specific questions let me know and ill try to help if I can.

Cool, thanks Rich,

Have ordered them and will report back when I get them up and running. Should be ok with rooting and side loading, have read plenty about that side of things. Now just the wait for them to get to Dubai !

Has anyone been able to successfully load google play store to the BT-200?

Mike_UK said:
Has anyone been able to successfully load google play store to the BT-200?
Yeah. Follow the root guide to get the play store loaded up and install market helper to fake the device identification and you can install anything from play store. Not everything will work but at least you get the option to try it.

You can find the instructions here https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... nstallatie

FPVLR said:
guys I tried with several older versions, but no luck, keeps doing the same thing. it quickly flips back to the main screen of the app...
I am out of alternatives.
Any input on this?

Install the older version on a friend's phone to see what happens.

Bit confused what versions are available.

The website only shows the developer version.

Can a developer version be upgraded to a retail version ?

The ones on amazon UK appear to be developer versions as well.

Does the retail version version now work with the play store, does the video not work correctly now and mission ?

thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT