PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCTION !!!

Re: Sv: PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCT

degistive said:
very nice work :)

I will try this too
what is the best way to take away the black thing so you can solder on the copper?
is it the same solder spot on every ps3 controller even if I got Another board verson (MSU 3.5X V1.12)

Sorry for my bad English :oops:

Regards from Sweden
I've done several mods on the xbox 360 and ps4 controllers, but never on the ps3, I have however been reading a bit on the six axis ps3 controller. It seems like the 20 pin layout for the solderingpoints are the same on all versions.

To expose the copper just carefully scrape the surface with a fine sharp knife (razor/scalpel) until you get a somewhat clean surface to solder on.

I'm going to retire my ps3 and start on this mod today.

Best regards
/Another swede!

Re: PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCTION

I can't seem to get the joysticks unsoldered. What did you use to unsolder these points?

Kelvinator said:
I can't seem to get the joysticks unsoldered. What did you use to unsolder these points?

I didn't even use heat... I saw what you're talking about and didn't want to risk heat damage so i used side cutters and needle nose pliers and my dremel tool and tore them apart from the top down ... maybe not the ideal way to do things but it comes out more "pretty" when it's finished without all the blisters and scorching from desoldering everything :ugeek:

Well, I bought all the supplies to do this mod, and have the PS3 board down to your picture DBS, but when it comes to soldering the wires onto the board, there is no metal to solder to. I'm a bit of an amateur at these things to put it mildly.

Do I need to scrape off the green stuff to expose some metal as per previous post ? And what wire did you use, that's something else I may have to purchase as I tried to use household mains wire, and it's too darn big.

Thanks

dp

Had some spare time past weekend so I gave it a shot, this is the end result:

vnHG45N.jpg

RALc5FI.jpg

Works great, except for the screenshot action.
I don't think that app is supported by my ROM, and neither is any other screenshotapp with an overlay icon feature.
The workaround is a macrofunction app that performs several actions in one step when the button is pressed.

Thank you for the awesome idea @DBS!

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/Uivvc

Wow bro... just looked thru your imgur album... that's one helluva bird you got going there sir...

Honored to see you used one of my mods on your heavily customized mini monster... great work :!: :ugeek:

I dunno if I'm worthy of that title... :geek:

But couldn't go without saying how nice your mods came out... while some might say a few of your mods are "just for looks"... they really do add to the things people CAN'T see going on behind the scenes when everything is buttoned up... I'm a sucker for the carbon fiber on black look... and the voltage indicator came out beautifully :!: :!: :!:

Re: Sv: PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCT

DBS said:
I dunno if I'm worthy of that title... :geek:

But couldn't go without saying how nice your mods came out... while some might say a few of your mods are "just for looks"... they really do add to the things people CAN'T see going on behind the scenes when everything is buttoned up... I'm a sucker for the carbon fiber on black look... and the voltage indicator came out beautifully :!: :!: :!:
Yes it doesn't really show that much on the outside, does it? That's why I guess I went a little overboard on the exterior [emoji15]
I guess we have the same good taste then! [emoji1]

Next project will be going for that range so I can compete with you guys!
And now I know who I'm gonna reach out to for that extra length of range and ideas! :p

Hello all,

excited to try this. I have a Vision. Do you think this would work for the Vision..

Thanks in Advance
-Lindemann

:) thanks for that.. time to chop up a PS3 Controller :D hehe

Hi, fantastic mod!!I'll try the mod, but i've a question: can I use a not original joypad?the "patterns" are the same?
Thanks!

hello, I did everything as a guide, jpypad wporks, connect to phone ok, but no button works,What can be? resistors?
You have rooted your phone / tablet, installed the Sixaxis controller app and paired the controller with your phone / tablet? After these prosedures you have made a touch profile where you have added the buttons that you have hardwired to the ps3 controller PCB? IF you bought the same controller that I linked previously you don't need to add the 4.7k ohm resistor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20