Props uneven- left side props higher?

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was flying and it seemed like the Phantom was tilted to one side when hovering. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me but today when I installed my new prop guards it looks like both props on the left side are about .25 inch higher than the right side. I'm assuming this isn't normal. I can't really figure out what caused this, it's strange that both on one side are raised up higher. The shell was replaced by DJI back in January, maybe something wasn't installed correctly? It's been flying ok, maybe a little unstable.
IMG_3800.jpg

What are you using for for your sight-lines to make this comparison?
It's not clear to me.

A few weeks ago I was flying and it seemed like the Phantom was tilted to one side when hovering. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me but today when I installed my new prop guards it looks like both props on the left side are about .25 inch higher than the right side. I'm assuming this isn't normal. I can't really figure out what caused this, it's strange that both on one side are raised up higher. The shell was replaced by DJI back in January, maybe something wasn't installed correctly? It's been flying ok, maybe a little unstable.View attachment 17146

Mine are exactly the same way as yours. But there are no noticeable effects on flight with mine. Coincidentally I just noticed this last week.

Mine are exactly the same way as yours. But there are no noticeable effects on flight with mine. Coincidentally I just noticed this last week.
yours is the same, the 2 on the left side sit slightly higher? that's what I was wondering, maybe it's part of the design. if I turn it upside down and sit it on the motor heads (with the props off) it's perfectly level. I've tried different props and they're all more or less the same.

Reactions: BlackTracer
yours is the same, the 2 on the left side sit slightly higher? that's what I was wondering, maybe it's part of the design. if I turn it upside down and sit it on the motor heads (with the props off) it's perfectly level. I've tried different props and they're all more or less the same.
I haven't looked at it closely yet to see exactly which ones. I just remember noticing it. I will check later when I get home and let you know. That's the best I can do right now.

I don't think it will cause any issues as they are, not off by much. I'm flying with a bent arm and the propeller is off by at least 1/4" to the adjacent props. I have no problems in flight, the IMU compensates for these irregularities.

You could loosen the screws on the motors and then re-tighten in a pattern like you would a wheel on a car. Snug the screws and then apply reasonable torque to finish.

Actually it's a good idea, if you've removed screws from the body or motors to check them periodically. You'd be surprised be the amount of vibration that's going on while flying.

And really there's no need to apply any additional thread locker, DJI's blue material holds up quite well to repeated removals. Besides retail available thread locker will destroy plastic.

Good Luck!

BlackTracer, yours actually looks higher than mine even. maybe it's just more pronounced because of the colored props. I guess it's not causing a problem, I'm still curious if they're all like this to some degree. it's strange we both have the same thing with both left side props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers