Props Too Close To Prop Guards?

Reaction score
Just installed prop guards and it looks too close due to the angle of the props on one end of the guards. Haven't fired it up yet. I'm sure it will be fine while on the ground. Anything to worry about once it is airborne? Is this the same for everyone who has prop guards?
8a097e6b8078a8203628b87097b23e5e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have used DJI as well as aftermarket prop gaurds, and have found that aftermarket props don't fit nearly as well.

Remove them there wind traps!!!!!!!!
Prove it. I have flown with prop guards in 25 mph winds just to test them, and the bird behaved no differently than without them. I also flew very aggressively in the same windy conditions, again, no issues. If you are going to throw out a blanket statement, "They are wind traps", back it up with some actual test data. Do you even have prop guards, or did you you just read about how they are so bad?

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Just installed prop guards and it looks too close due to the angle of the props on one end of the guards. Haven't fired it up yet. I'm sure it will be fine while on the ground. Anything to worry about once it is airborne? Is this the same for everyone who has prop guards?
8a097e6b8078a8203628b87097b23e5e.jpg

This clearance is normal.

Just flew it and no issues. It's a little windy in my back yard and I did see it move with the wind. Would've probably been the same reaction without the prop guards on. I wouldn't go far to say they are wind traps. I will still keep them, as I got the quick realease version.

Prove it. I have flown with prop guards in 25 mph winds just to test them, and the bird behaved no differently than without them. I also flew very aggressively in the same windy conditions, again, no issues. If you are going to throw out a blanket statement, "They are wind traps", back it up with some actual test data. Do you even have prop guards, or did you you just read about how they are so bad?
Get a life!!!And that's being nice

Remove them there wind traps!!!!!!!!

Take off the sails, clearance problem gone.

I use clip -on guards, and have done for 2 years with no problems, also tried without and found no difference so I keep them on and feel a lot safer hand catching as well, my first set I felt was a bit close and on one flight I did hear the prop clip the guard, solved it by using the wife's hair drier on the guards and gently warmed them up and bent them down to give a lot more clearance, easy to do

I've flown with snap on prop guards as well as non snap on prop guards and never had prop clearance issues. I've skimmed a few tree tops and branches and the bird bounced off and kept flying. Don't leave home without em.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've flown with snap on prop guards as well as non snap on prop guards and never had prop clearance issues. I've skimmed a few tree tops and branches and the bird bounced off and kept flying. Don't leave home without em.

my first set of non snap on guards looked the same as the OP but 12 months with no problem only one day flying close I done a sharp turn and heard a zzzzzip, when I landed I could see some red paint from the props on the guards so I knew that they had hit the guard, that's when I changed over to clip on guards on both my Phantoms and used the hair dryer to bend them down a tad, no problems since.

I use them all the time, never had any problem with the wind catching the quad or when dropping down as fast as I can
and as for the guards showing in the video at full speed forwards all I do is to drop the camera down to show less sky, works every time, never see the guards in view

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl