Props for P3

First of all the P3 should use composite hubs because the active braking, it gives the friction to not fall off in the air. You can use use metal threads at your own risk.

The original props are designed for thrust and the old ones for flight time, they are not even close to be the best props in terms of vibrations. In fact they produce alot of jello effect. I own many different propellers including the antigravity, those will guve you less flight times but and that is the most important point with camera drones, they give you less vibrations AKA Rolling shutter effect. Nobody on earth cares about flight times, only beginners whi want to toy around. The best and by far the most silent and vibration free props are the aeronaut 9x5 from germnay, a relatively cheap prop which puts the antigraviy into shame. I use them on my P2 but i will wait before i use them on my P3, to dangerous with metal threads.

The ones above look like the cheap wannabe carbon fibre props you can get everywhere for cheap, i guess they just printed their name on it, its a rip off in my mind. The antigravity are so expansive befause they are made of super thin wood sandwitched with real carbon fibre and a thin clear coat paint on top. They look super expansive and quality. In my tests the oem props give the most vibrations, i had only the old ones but even the new are to flymsy. The best are thin blades like the antigravity or aeronaut

Reactions: Fplvert
Testing different props used to be a great fascination for me. In fact, due to flying at higher elevations, I used the C/F 9443 with my P2V+ and had no complaints, other than they really weren't very well balanced and any contact with a fixed object sent pieces flying.

I tried three and four blades. Different pitches and length. Some required securing with a separate nuts and resizing the shaft hole, using blue locktite. Not fun/real challenge to balance these!

Guess what? The very best propellers for your phantom are the 9450s that come with it! The threads are the same so get the DJI composite ones for any phantom. Just my experience.

First of all the P3 should use composite hubs because the active braking, it gives the friction to not fall off in the air. You can use use metal threads at your own risk.

The original props are designed for thrust and the old ones for flight time, they are not even close to be the best props in terms of vibrations. In fact they produce alot of jello effect. I own many different propellers including the antigravity, those will guve you less flight times but and that is the most important point with camera drones, they give you less vibrations AKA Rolling shutter effect. Nobody on earth cares about flight times, only beginners whi want to toy around. The best and by far the most silent and vibration free props are the aeronaut 9x5 from germnay, a relatively cheap prop which puts the antigraviy into shame. I use them on my P2 but i will wait before i use them on my P3, to dangerous with metal threads.

The ones above look like the cheap wannabe carbon fibre props you can get everywhere for cheap, i guess they just printed their name on it, its a rip off in my mind. The antigravity are so expansive befause they are made of super thin wood sandwitched with real carbon fibre and a thin clear coat paint on top. They look super expansive and quality. In my tests the oem props give the most vibrations, i had only the old ones but even the new are to flymsy. The best are thin blades like the antigravity or aeronaut
Think we went thru this already with the comp hub. You said they look cheap? Because of a picture? How do they look different from the AG? Please educate us

Those look like composite hubs to me! Will post feedback soon. Gunna put them on now and fly a bit

Just took it out. VERY windy by me. The quad was getting blown around. Very scary when you're trying to land and you're near trees and power lines but thats whats in Brooklyn LOL. Will try some test flying tomorrow in a park or maybe later tonight. Was only going 10 MPH into the wind and 45 MPH with the wind. The props are IDENTICAL in size and design. The pitch of the DJI prop is a little bit steeper than the CF one. It looks like they made an exact clone of the DJI prop

Last edited:
Very happy with these props so far. Flown about 10 times with them. They are noisier than stock but I am getting couple minutes more on battery life, no vibrations, no jelly, 5 MPH faster top speed.

Final thought....I was mistaken about the faster speeds. Its actually slower. Noticeably. The OEM props have a higher pitch than the CF ones I have. There is a little tail on the OEMs that come down further than the CF allowing them to channel more air down thus creating faster speed. Other than that they are great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20