Props crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you're right.........

If they look bad to you, change them. Don't go on "hope"!!!!

Buy yourself a blade balancer and learn how to balance your blades, this alone can add up to 2 mins flight time!

Don't go on what other people say here, you are the one reasonable for your pre-flight check, you are the one putting the bird in the air it's your full responsibility to make dang sure your props are in good shape and flight worthy. The pictures are no way for us to know for sure. Props are like $20 for a set!

If you are not, join the AMA - ModelAircraft.org with that membership you get insurance and access to the AMA flying fields, you should hook up with those guys, because it's a far better way to learn and grow your flight skills.

Don't you dare take any of our word for anything, YOU are the pilot, it's your 100% responsibility to know if your bird is flight worthy or not.

Reactions: nattieman
You're preachin to the choir brother. I was the first guy that told him to change em. And I don't need the AMA. I have enough with the FAA, and a bunch of other letters of the alphabet.

Reactions: nattieman
Your original message said nothing about "How frequently should I change props?" It specifically stated you had damaged your props, provided several photos of the damage, & you directly invited members to opine on whether or not the damaged props should be replaced. Most members advised replacement was prudent. Your responses made it amply clear you had already decided you were going to fly with the damaged props regardless so why bother to solicit opinions?

Why not instead keep quiet & fly like you were always planning to do? That way if one of the damaged props breaks apart & your Phantom crashes, when you come asking for advice on "Why did it crash?" or "How do I repair the damage?" we wouldn't know about your decision to fly with damaged props.

I salute your dedication to an education but many people attend school & work at the same time. I don't have a daughter but I am curious how you plan to take your girlfriend on a date? Are your grandparents paying for the date also?

Consider a job? In 3 months time i'm taking pancyprian exams to go to a universitiy that's why. The main reason i created the threat is to ask how frequently you have tou chamge props. Apparently no one noticed this. I mentiond i NEVER ask anyone for money, they give me money, because here in Cyprus we love our family, i don't know what you do there you live. And just to let you know, my gf is probably prettier than your daugter. Also friend Shimien, In cyprus the only store is located in limassol, 2 hours driving from my home. Sorry for creating this threat and i'm propably never gonna make another one. Goodmorning to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

re-read ;)
257a7f917e2dd8d5f6de94ce5c81b414.jpg

If it were mine I would change them. I am not sure if I would ever change my props if I didn't hit anything with them. Currently I focus on each prop as I install it, feeling how they thread on and how much force it takes to get them past the point they freely spin on. If I felt a change in force I would change them without impact and I would definitely change them with any visible damage There is a chance they are fine, but I am not risking my phantom over it. I have flown my $30 Estes Proto with pretty messed up props though. Good luck with whatever you decide...

I am at 49 flights with no impacts and have had them on and off at least 27 times....

Reactions: ninosnicolaou
Perhaps just a language translation thing but your message to most of us comes across as "My Phantom tipped over with the motors armed & the props hit the ground. Take a look at these photos of the damage. Probably nothing but I want to ask if its OK to fly or should I replace the props?"

re-read ;)
257a7f917e2dd8d5f6de94ce5c81b414.jpg

''but I want to ask if its OK to fly or should I replace the props?" Did i wrote this? I said ''when it's not okay to flight and you should replace the props?''
Maybe you have a problem understanding the question. Άτε ασσιχτίρ ολάν που δαμέ.

Guys , this person is just wasting our time. It's clear his values of money and advise are separate from most of ours. I love the line they give me money because we love our family. Hmmm sure sounds a little like the spoiled kid hiding in Mexico..lol.

Let's just ignore this thread and move on to those of us who seek advise and will actually appreciate it and follow it.

Where are the mods in this forum to kill this off and move on to more important discussions.

Είναι να πάρει βαρετό παιχνίδι παίζοντας λέξη με ένα παιδί. Καλή τύχη με την εκπαίδευση σας και Phantom σας. Ένα κομμάτι από το χωρισμό συμβουλή: Αν δεν μπορείτε να αντέξετε οικονομικά το φυσικό αέριο δεν είναι σοφό να αγοράσει ένα αυτοκίνητο. Ομοίως, αν δεν μπορείτε να αντέξετε οικονομικά ένα κιτ $ 6 παρένθεση δεν πετούν $ 500 Φάντασμα. Είναι απόλυτα λογικό γιατί η Ελλάδα είναι μια οικονομική υπόθεση καλάθι. Θα ήθελα επίσης να σας συμβουλεύσει να μην ρωτήσω τους παππούδες σας για την ημερομηνία χρήματα μπροστά από τη φίλη σας. Οι γυναίκες προτιμούν τους άνδρες οι οποίοι πληρώνουν το δικό τους τρόπο.

''but I want to ask if its OK to fly or should I replace the props?" Did i wrote this? I said ''when it's not okay to flight and you should replace the props?''
Maybe you have a problem understanding the question. Άτε ασσιχτίρ ολάν που δαμέ.

Είναι να πάρει βαρετό παιχνίδι παίζοντας λέξη με ένα παιδί. Καλή τύχη με την εκπαίδευση σας και Phantom σας. Ένα κομμάτι από το χωρισμό συμβουλή: Αν δεν μπορείτε να αντέξετε οικονομικά το φυσικό αέριο δεν είναι σοφό να αγοράσει ένα αυτοκίνητο. Ομοίως, αν δεν μπορείτε να αντέξετε οικονομικά ένα κιτ $ 6 παρένθεση δεν πετούν $ 500 Φάντασμα. Είναι απόλυτα λογικό γιατί η Ελλάδα είναι μια οικονομική υπόθεση καλάθι. Θα ήθελα επίσης να σας συμβουλεύσει να μην ρωτήσω τους παππούδες σας για την ημερομηνία χρήματα μπροστά από τη φίλη σας. Οι γυναίκες προτιμούν τους άνδρες οι οποίοι πληρώνουν το δικό τους τρόπο.
Lol.. Great advice DB.

SD

Reactions: Sunny1975lucky
[QUOcolaou, post: 653435, member: 50471"]i used crashed because my main language is greek and i'm not very good with vocabulary in english;p[/QUOTE]
Put prop guards
Props cost $16 and your copter cost $1200 ... hmmm.
Why would you risk flying with compromised props?
Actually guys, today my phantom while on ground but with armed motors leaned off and touched the ground resulted the props got a little scratch. I know it's probably nothing but i wanted to ask you, when it's not okay to flight and you should replace your props? Take a look at the photos.View attachment 41928 View attachment 41929 View attachment 41930
Prop guards would prevent that !!!

[QUOcolaou, post: 653435, member: 50471"]i used crashed because my main language is greek and i'm not very good with vocabulary in english;p
Put prop guards

Prop guards would prevent that !!![/QUOTE]
That's true, i totally forgot about guards.

Don't worry about changing them.....just don't be surprised when a 7 dollar set of props take down a 1500 bird...and you should NOT fly without an extra set, for me it is three sets.
I mean nothing cracked. I killed it immediatly.. I don't understands why this super minor scratch (beacuse it's a scratch) can result in something that bad.. I know they are cheap but i need to wait for a week to get them that's why i'm not changing them. However if i notice any probs i'm changing them for sure.

Ohh and i thought phantompilots forum is full of people willing to give you help. Now i understand.. Just because i'm flying phantoms less than a month doesn't mean i'm an idiot. In fact i've flown a lot of other drones much more expensive than this. And when i crash and need help for my gimbal, please don't help me. Thanks[/QUOTE
Why bother asking others to opine when you already decided you're going to use them regardless of the damage?

Sounds like my ex wife. lol

Nino, every flight is a gamble. Each of us make our own choices. Many are concerned about props after impacts of any sort, because there can easily be unseen damage elsewhere. Much like if you tripped and fell, and we look only at your stubbed toe, ingoring a big injury in your head.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
There have been too much concern about very slightly damaged Phantom props. I have flown RC airplanes and helicopters for 20 years and have used slightly damaged props many times with no problem at all. I agree that the Phantom props are cheap and it's safer to change them but if they are so extremely delicate I think the problem is that their quality is not very good and should be improved as it happens with so many chinese products this days.

Reactions: ninosnicolaou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik