Props crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee surprising to find out that he was 17....really mature

Well at 17 I thought I knew everything too, but the older I get I realize how much I really don't know..lol. And to make things worse, the more I forget...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: nattieman
I flew single rotor helis and the slightest damage of the rotor would make the frame shake like crazy. The fact that the phantom has 4 small props helps hide this.....let him fly it. He just came on here for someone to tell him to go ahead and fly....good luck dude

Sarcastic I think is the word you're lookin for, and I don't think he was being sarcastic.

Wishing you all the luck. Just don't ask for advise then argue with us when it's not in line with your limited knowledge. Please be careful with that investment

As i said before, i wouldn't change the props anyway, i just asked how frequently props should be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's going to cause vibration -it might not do anything but that -from the pictures it looks pretty minimal but not many people are going to tell you to fly it and have you come back after something serious happens. If you can't get props just go with what you think. I would always change the prop but if I was 17 and the prop just scraped the ground a little I would probably fly it. But
I've learned a lot from forums like this one...the more you listen the more you learn.

Hey guys, the same thing happened to me. The bird tipped. See image.

Do you think I should change the props? Or is it still ok to fly??
3537eebc63b0a975baa0ddbe8a92a42d.jpg

It still has 2 1/2 props??

Well it depends how much money you have in your wallet. Maybe you could ask your grandparents for some help..

And Nino, no fare changing your story after the fact.

Come on guys.....

I have been thinking about this and it disturbs me.
So I would like to implement the age old 'ASL' protocol we used to use when chatting on mIRC.

Ok I'll go first..

Fembot
Canada...

Everyone loves fembots and Canada??[emoji15]

I told you this because it's not that much of a damage. I said before i know it way cheap and also i got a couple of spare props but i have to wait 1 week to get other spares.. Sorry if i was being rude but because you have more experience with phantoms doesn't mean you have to talk like this to someone who asks for help. You, immediatly told me if i don't change them ( your 1 post) i will come back and ask for help which is kind of disturbing..

Not to be a jerk or rude but when you ask the question you open yourself up to EVERYONE'S thoughts. Now here's my $0.02. I crashed my bird after 10 + flights. I ran to this forum to see what the heck went wrong or what did I do wrong. Well it seems that I was descending to fast and got into a death wobble and couldn't recover from it. The bird crashed causing $200 + in damages. Well let me also say I had just installed the fancy $60 carbon fiber props from DW, a very reputable drone store. I read up on the carbon fiber props and thought that with all the hype they must be good. Well I'm not sold on them and when I replaced the damaged ones I went back to OEM. I would stick with OEM and wait a few days to get them instead of risking possible expensive repairs.

Reactions: GodFear17
just check them really good to see if you have any cracks. Heck I've had heli blades with more green on them than that :D A small amount of road rash isn't going to cause them to fly much different.

Not to be a jerk or rude but when you ask the question you open yourself up to EVERYONE'S thoughts. Now here's my $0.02. I crashed my bird after 10 + flights. I ran to this forum to see what the heck went wrong or what did I do wrong. Well it seems that I was descending to fast and got into a death wobble and couldn't recover from it. The bird crashed causing $200 + in damages. Well let me also say I had just installed the fancy $60 carbon fiber props from DW, a very reputable drone store. I read up on the carbon fiber props and thought that with all the hype they must be good. Well I'm not sold on them and when I replaced the damaged ones I went back to OEM. I would stick with OEM and wait a few days to get them instead of risking possible expensive repairs.

Phantoms will actually benefit and have longer flight times using the plastic composite blades, they in a way act like shock absorbers, the carbon blades will be much stiffer and the flight control board will see more movement and "fight" more causing the bird to spend more energy. There are numerous videos on youtube showing the carbon blades always get less flight time by 2 - 5 mins!

Reactions: nattieman
just check them really good to see if you have any cracks. Heck I've had heli blades with more green on them than that :D A small amount of road rash isn't going to cause them to fly much different.
Hope you're right.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1