Proper requirements to fly

Reaction score
So my wedding is end of this month. The venue were having it at is ok with me flying it. But they're under the impression there is new rules and regulations along with paperwork I need signed, so they're able to photocopy any forms I have approved.

I was under the impression I can fly my quad as long as I'm under 400' and it won't be for commercial use.

Thanks

yeah... I don't know of any Federal rules that require paperwork... but I don't know if you have state or city ordinances that you may need to consider.

My gut is telling me that they have picked up on the news about the FAA being required to come up with policy on the issue of quads/photography etc....

I would just ask them if they can be more specific about what rules they are referring to.

Buckaye said:
I would just ask them if they can be more specific about what rules they are referring to.

Agreed. Don't try to second guess them. If they want paperwork signed, the onus is really on them to determine what paperwork they want/need for their records.

There are no federal restrictions on flying (unless you're getting married in a National Park), but, like Buckeye said, there could very well be state or local ordinances.

Don't be surprised, though, if what they're really looking for is proof of liability insurance. You don't really go into detail about where you're getting married, but figure it's likely still a "public venue"... and as such, they will want to cover their butts by insisting you carry insurance in case something happens that causes damage or injury, regardless of whether you're doing commercial work or not. And even if they don't specifically insist on it, it might be a good idea for you to carry some - at least get a rider - depending on how big your ceremony is going to be and how many people are present.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik