Prop upgrade Question

jumanoc said:
IflyinWY said:
WoW jumanoc,

That's a good find, 4 9450 Props For Phantom 1&2 Vision 3 BLADES Propeller 9.4x5.0, for $17.

I wonder how difficult those will be to balance. Their NOT DJI and take 3 to 4 weeks on the slow boat, but what the heck.

I've gotta try those puppies.

Thanks for posting the link. :D

Also You can go a Pro Foldables:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2207204
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=10792

And
Here there is How To Balance a Tri-Blade propeller. Easy way with a balancer and some tape:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82PmM7YObo[/youtube]

I see black props and I think they are carbon fiber. The second set mentioned "7075 Aluminum Alloy".
That's great if you don't run into things. :)
Well, if you look at my posts from the past, you will see that I do :eek: , or at least my bird does.

There's children running around where I fly, and I like them, alot.
If someone made a decent prop out of Jello, I'd buy it.

As far as the three blade props from plastic (or whatever they are that's not going to carve up flesh) I'm in.
Can't wait to see how well they work.

I'm not sure I agree with all that's been posted up to now about noise and performance.
I'm thinking they are quieter and more efficient.
Maybe that's my "old school" learning.

Please, carry on and move air efficiently... :lol:

I've read nothing but bad stuff about 3 blades. Bad stability, less flight time, too much heat on the motors. I am thinking about trying out some carbon fiber props (just 2 blade) but not sure which ones to get.

I was thinking about the maytech 9443 but not sure. Anybody have any advice or info?

Hey IflyinWY,

Foldable propellers are the less dangerous because if the blade touches something, it just curve on its axis. Plastics and originals propellers won't turn but hit and cut
Carbon Fiber propellers are the MOST dangerous, as knives and bad wobbles all time..

My Carbon fiber's once I balanced them are pretty awesome. Yes, I agree about the toughness and how dangerous they can be, but I also use common sense and do not get near them. The 3 blade 9450's are shipped and on the way :D

dtitus6297 said:
I've read nothing but bad stuff about 3 blades. Bad stability, less flight time, too much heat on the motors. I am thinking about trying out some carbon fiber props (just 2 blade) but not sure which ones to get.

I was thinking about the maytech 9443 but not sure. Anybody have any advice or info?
i use the dji carbon 9443's & think there fantastic, my Phantom seems to respond alot quick & certainly has a higher top speed with them

Good to know, I'll give them a try. Have u tried the 9450 thrust boosted props? I'm wondering wich will perform better if any difference at all

Got some may tech 9443 carbon fibers on the way...sweet. hopefully they are prebalanced but I doubt I will be that lucky. Anyone have a good ghetto way to balance props? I don't have the self tightening prop balance rod. I was thinking about just cramming a pencil eraser end first in there and putting it on my regular prop balancer.... any ideas or input if that will work?

dtitus6297 said:
Good to know, I'll give them a try. Have u tried the 9450 thrust boosted props? I'm wondering wich will perform better if any difference at all
yes i've got 3 different DJI props (9443, 9450 & 9443 carbons) & notice a bigger difference using the carbons than using 9450's

dtitus6297 said:
They do make 9450 carbon fibers too....I wonder how they would be. Anybody tried em?
genuine DJI's? if so have you got a link please

i've just tried my carbon 9443's against my 9450's & theirs not much in it speed wise, very different noise

Got my 3 blade props yesterday. Balanced them the best I could and went for a flight. These things produce a lot more thrust than the 2 blade 9450. They will take some gain adjustment, the phantom is oscillating with these on trying to balance itself in a hover. I didn't get to play with the gains because I tried to land it, because I was afraid of hand catching with that much oscillation. Upon landing it oscillated to the point it tipped left before I could get the motors shut down and destroyed the props on that side.

Got my 3 blade props yesterday. Balanced them the best I could and went for a flight. These things produce a lot more thrust than the 2 blade 9450. They will take some gain adjustment, the phantom is oscillating with these on trying to balance itself in a hover. I didn't get to play with the gains because I tried to land it, because I was afraid of hand catching with that much oscillation. Upon landing it oscillated to the point it tipped left before I could get the motors shut down and destroyed the props on that side.

Sorry to hear about that. I can say I am not having that kind of experience with the 3 blade props. I went out flying today just because I was excited to go out again, but the wind is 20 mph and not so calm, maybe even more up higher:eek:. Surprisingly it handled quite well considering the wind:). I was up at 110 meters and it was tilted to the side fighting the wind. These are plastic so I am not afraid to hand catch, but I think there might be other reasons why you had oscillation. I ordered another set as I am enjoying the increased lift and speed. I've never concerned myself about the brand of blades I am using, as long as I can balance them I will try anything once. I did not change the gains, I just went out flying. I want to go out again, but I will wait for the wind to die down a bit:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers