Prop hub on motor loose...

Are you sure the prop mounts are not loose? Check out this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
With the props off, the plastic piece that sits on top of the motor that the props attach to is very slightly loose. Yes I can fly with zero issues.

Last edited:
Are you sure the prop mounts are not loose? Check out this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is a scary video. I can imagine lots of threads about that in the future if the prop mounts can become so loose.
I suppose it may also cause risk for losing a prop if people are not diligent about keeping those screws tight.

I know on the other brand of UAV's that starts with a Y there were some motor mount/screws loose issues and some people removed the screws and put a drop of the Loctite (Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 - designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools) on each one. There are different types of the Loctite so make sure you don't get the wrong one that will be very hard to remove.

It's the shoulder screws that hold the prop mount clips down... If you remove a loose prop mount and look at the screws coming through, you'll see the non threaded shoulders are slightly showing, tightening them could rip the threads as they are already torqued correctly.

Sent from my F8331 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's the shoulder screws that hold the prop mount clips down... If you remove a loose prop mount and look at the screws coming through, you'll see the non threaded shoulders are slightly showing, tightening them could rip the threads as they are already torqued correctly.

Sent from my F8331 using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI uses low quality screws on this part of the drone. The plain shank on the screws varies up to 0.2 mm. The screws that have a longer plain shank is the issue. The plain shank is too long so even with the screws tightened down there is a slight gap between the plain shank and the plastic piece since the Phantom 4 Pro doesn't use the metal clip part like the P4 does.

I'm going to try buying Phantom 4 Part 51, they have the metal clips that also act as a spacer under the prop hub to see if that solves the issue on the Phantom 4 Pro.

Everyone should check their Phantom 4 Pros. They probably have at least one loose prop hub.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
I know on the other brand of UAV's that starts with a Y there were some motor mount/screws loose issues and some people removed the screws and put a drop of the Loctite (Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 - designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools) on each one. There are different types of the Loctite so make sure you don't get the wrong one that will be very hard to remove.
Also if one was to do this make sure not to get any on the plastic hubs...it will cause a failure and u do not want that in the air....seen that to many times with 350 qx. That is why the srews come with a loctite formula already dried on the screws. Imo i wouldnt use liquid loctite (blue) unless u absolutely know what u are doing maybe a little on tooth pick and stick it on motor threads

Mine are also loose. As previously stated in this thread, the wide tolerance in the specs of the screws means that the shoulder of the screw can be too long which means the shoulder of the screw hits the motor before it tightens up the prop holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kman
Also if one was to do this make sure not to get any on the plastic hubs...it will cause a failure and u do not want that in the air....seen that to many times with 350 qx. That is why the srews come with a loctite formula already dried on the screws. Imo i wouldnt use liquid loctite (blue) unless u absolutely know what u are doing maybe a little on tooth pick and stick it on motor threads

What is the correct type of Loctite to get? Can we also just put a light coat -with toothpick or very fine paintbrush- on the screws & let it dry, just to give a little extra hold?

What is the correct type of Loctite to get? Can we also just put a light coat -with toothpick or very fine paintbrush- on the screws & let it dry, just to give a little extra hold?

You can use nail polish and put a tiny drop on the edge of the screw.
But better is a medium thread locking adhesive.

Never mind. Just reread the post above about the Loctite Threadlocker 242. I'll look for some...

Actually wouldn't the "Low" strength version even be better for our purposes? Designed for screws & bolts under 1/4" that you want to be able to disassemble...
Amazon.com: Loctite 38653 222 Purple Low Strength Thread Locker Tube, 6-milliliter: Automotive

Just ordered a new shell for my P3P and will be replacing the old. Was thinking about many of those little screws. Some of which (motor mounts, holding circuit boards,etc) might benefit from a touch of something.
The 222 seems like a good idea to me.

I just received my brand new P4Pro, haven't flown it yet, my hubs are tight, no play at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.