Prop Guards

Dirty Bird said:
CarlJ said:
My father is now your biggest fan.

Does your dad fly RC or just likes the aircraft?

Dad is getting on in years, but he really wants a jet, and now he's convinced that you have one. I can't imagine him flying a jet, the Phantom is more than he can take. He was also in the Navy, and rumor has it you have a Navy plane in your collection.

So yeah, he's a pretty big fan of your work. ;)

CarlJ said:
Dad is getting on in years, but he really wants a jet, and now he's convinced that you have one. I can't imagine him flying a jet, the Phantom is more than he can take. He was also in the Navy, and rumor has it you have a Navy plane in your collection.

So yeah, he's a pretty big fan of your work. ;)

I am honored, and its pretty cool he wants a jet. The photo I posted of the blue jet (and the hot pink one) is the Freewing "Stinger 64." They make two models of the Stinger 64...the 3S regular model, and the 4S high-speed model...which normally come in red or blue. The hot pink one was a special edition offered by HobbyKing. They are super easy to assemble, relatively easy to fly, and run $112 & $135 respectively. While there is a non-retractable wheel kit available, I hand launch and belly land them on the grass. They feature skid plates and covered servo horns to protect from damage when belly landing. These are "ARF" (almost ready to fly) models, so you need to add a transmitter, controller, battery, and charger.

Now if you want to go Cadillac, there is the Stinger 90 (yes I have one in the box :cool: ). This is the Big Boy version, with 90mm, 12-blade titanium ducted fan unit, 130amp ESC, 8amp BEC, full retracts, a full complement of navigation lights, flaps, etc.. $429 for the ARF version but o' so sweet!

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-st...mance-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/?revpage=2#description

Your dad, being a Navy guy, and props being a lot easier to fly then a jet, he might enjoy something like this awesome Airfield F4U Corsair, available in classic Navy and "Olathe Naval Base" grey paint jobs. These are large 1450mm (57") models with flaps, navigation lights, sequenced retractable landing gear, etc.. This is a "RTF", so it includes the controller, receiver, etc.. You will need to add a Li-Po charger. On sale for $259 (reg $339), and a good deal. Check out the videos on the links!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a702-1450-f4u-grey-rtf-24g.html

Happy Birthday dad! ;)

Onezerosix141 said:
Being Japanese, I've always wanted to get one! But I never got around to it :(
I need to learn how to fly fixed wing!

Well....it just so happens Nitroplanes has on sale their Airfield RC 1400mm (55") wingspan "RTF" (ready to fly) A6M Zero model. This is an awesome, 6-channel, aircraft with flaps, navigation lights, sequenced landing gear, and incredible detail. The RTF model includes everything you need except AA batteries for the controller, and a Li-Po charger for the flight battery. Its available in the same green or grey paint jobs I posted for $259 (normal price is $339). Even if you just suspend it from the ceiling...it is awesome! Check out the videos on the link and you will see just how large & impressive this is!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a705-1450-zero-green-rtf-24g.html

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr